Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Papajoesmoto

RVF Newbee
Started our trip from a Tucson to a Key West with 3,200 miles on the OD. Ran beautiful for 900 miles, after some very bumpy highways is East Texas malfunction LT illuminated engine lost full power. Stopped immediately at Loves. Diagnosed but no codes. Drove 30 miles to Freightliner dealer. They couldn’t tell us if would be days or weeks to look at it but out of sympathy did a quick code diagnoses. Coded 102-20 intake manifold pressure. I called diesel mechanic friend, he told me to inspect for loose clamps or hoes in plastic or rubber hoses. I opened engine compartment and saw this sensor was loose. I gently pushed back down and taped it to stay. Malfunction LT stayed on but had full power. Drove 400 or so miles and CK engine LT illuminated. Stopped at another Loves where mechanic said coolant was low. He better secured the loose sensor with zip ties and tape. After about half hour and coolant add we decided to try again. CK engine LT went out & power seemed normal. Drove about 80 miles CK engine LT illuminated, power degraded. As we got close the next exit the stop engine LT illuminated and we coasted to a stop at the exit. Four Star Freightliner Tallahasse (great folks) sent a mobile service tech who spent three hours diagnosing, performing parked regen and getting the computer reset. Off we went. Drove 133 miles, engine degraded CK engine LT illuminated and regen needed LT also illuminated. Did another parked regen per the manual CK engine LT went off. Drove 80 miles engine degrade and CK engine LT illuminated. Parked and waited for Orlando Freightliner to open Monday Morning. Orlando Freightliner
Did multiple software updates got all the LTs off and we drove 80 miles system malfunction LT illuminated. Another 90 miles CK engine LT illuminated engine degraded. Stuck in the Keys waiting for Cummins service to respond, talked to them 4 times in two days

Attachments

• 3BC68039-77E8-49DC-9053-F5BE04CA3347.jpeg
    3BC68039-77E8-49DC-9053-F5BE04CA3347.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 17
Started our trip from a Tucson to a Key West with 3,200 miles on the OD. Ran beautiful for 900 miles, after some very bumpy highways is East Texas malfunction LT illuminated engine lost full power. Stopped immediately at Loves. Diagnosed but no codes. Drove 30 miles to Freightliner dealer. They couldn’t tell us if would be days or weeks to look at it but out of sympathy did a quick code diagnoses. Coded 102-20 intake manifold pressure. I called diesel mechanic friend, he told me to inspect for loose clamps or hoes in plastic or rubber hoses. I opened engine compartment and saw this sensor was loose. I gently pushed back down and taped it to stay. Malfunction LT stayed on but had full power. Drove 400 or so miles and CK engine LT illuminated. Stopped at another Loves where mechanic said coolant was low. He better secured the loose sensor with zip ties and tape. After about half hour and coolant add we decided to try again. CK engine LT went out & power seemed normal. Drove about 80 miles CK engine LT illuminated, power degraded. As we got close the next exit the stop engine LT illuminated and we coasted to a stop at the exit. Four Star Freightliner Tallahasse (great folks) sent a mobile service tech who spent three hours diagnosing, performing parked regen and getting the computer reset. Off we went. Drove 133 miles, engine degraded CK engine LT illuminated and regen needed LT also illuminated. Did another parked regen per the manual CK engine LT went off. Drove 80 miles engine degrade and CK engine LT illuminated. Parked and waited for Orlando Freightliner to open Monday Morning. Orlando Freightliner
Did multiple software updates got all the LTs off and we drove 80 miles system malfunction LT illuminated. Another 90 miles CK engine LT illuminated engine degraded. Stuck in the Keys waiting for Cummins service to respond, talked to them 4 times in two days
Sorry to hear of all your trouble on what sound like a fairly new coach (started with 3200 miles). If you could update profile or state specifics on your coach we will be able to understand what engine you have. Hoping you will finally get resolved and please update on the progress.

I’m so sorry, that sounds like a terrible start to your trip and I know if I was in your shoes I’d be struggling with that and my wife would have flown back home somewhere after the second stop. I hope someone can get to the bottom of your issues fast and you may resume what is supposed to be a peaceful and enjoyable time.

Sorry to hear of all your trouble on what sound like a fairly new coach (started with 3200 miles). If you could update profile or state specifics on your coach we will be able to understand what engine you have. Hoping you will finally get resolved and please update on the progress.
B6.7 CM2350 B121B. Is the engine, more research, photo is EGR temp pressure. If you look close the white part actually belongs to the top part of the sensor connector meaning the connector/wire harness could be the issue

Latest resources

Back