Bay Star Sport 3008
RV Length
Chassis
Ford F53
TOW/TOAD
2009 Honda CRV
Fulltimer
No
The specs for my 2021 Baystar Sport 3008 states the height of the RV is 12'4". I have read a couple of posts that stated the height of the RV does not include the AC. My Dometic Penguin is, according to the spec sheet, 9 1/2" tall. So is my actual height 13' 2"? Has anyone actually measured? I am unable to get on the roof. Thank you for your assistance.

I have found Newmar to include everything in stated height

My 2021 Baystar 3124 (not a Sport) is 12" 3" to the highest point (which were the A/C's) in regular ride mode/generally empty/unloaded The brochure lists it as 12' 8".

I store the unit indoors on a level slab - I measured floor to ceiling, then pulled it in, crawled on the roof, then measured ceiling-to-top of both front and rear A/C's - they were within a half inch of each other.

My 2021 Baystar 3124 (not a Sport) is 12" 3" to the highest point (which were the A/C's) in regular ride mode/generally empty/unloaded The brochure lists it as 12' 8".

I store the unit indoors on a level slab - I measured floor to ceiling, then pulled it in, crawled on the roof, then measured ceiling-to-top of both front and rear A/C's - they were within a half inch of each other.
Mine is also listed as 12'8", what size tires do you have? Mine are 22.5.

Thank you to those who replied to my question about the height of the RV. You are correct, the stated height is actual. After posting my original message I remembered Newgle (I'm a new owner). I sent the message to them and they stated: "Overall height shown on the coach record is from ground to the highest point on coach, which is usually the AC unit but, in some cases, can be the satellite. This is when coach is fully aired up and ready for travel."

Welcome to the forum. A lot of good info here.

Welcome to the forum. A lot of good info here.
Thanks, I appreciate that. I have been RVing for 20+ years but this is my first Newmar. I am impressed with the quality. Similar to the Country Coach I used to own. We are looking forward to many trips. Jim.

Boat Bum - mine are 22.5 also - I believe they are Michelin's.

I actually did the measurements twice, because I was surprised to be under by FIVE inches....

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back