Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Adding a Dryer to a MH Basement / Lower Bay?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

DaveW-NBS

RVF Regular
RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Bay Star
RV Length
Fulltimer
No
Anyone have any experience with putting a dryer in the basement section of a MH? Because of the size of the my MH and the configuration of the slides there’s no real way to put a washer and dryer in the living space – but it would be nice to have a dryer to dry clothing when returning from hikes or activities, so clothing is not hanging around the living space of the MH. (I would forego the washer.)

Also - any pros/cons on dryers? Reviews seem mainly positive, but the size is fairly small - not knocking it - a bunch of small loads is better than zero loads .... right?????

Does Newmar not offer a Washer/Dryer for your coach/floor plan? A dryer in the basement is interesting, all it takes is 120V but that is going to eat up space you may want utilized otherwise. I'd offer consider just using campground washer/dryers which they all seem to have.

i feel your pain but me not sure this is a good idea. not saying it couldn't work or be done safely but it gives me pause is all.

Is your basement even tall enough? You’d need a vent and with that being close to the ground, and it needs to be critter proofed.

I suppose if it’s in the basement, why not add a laundry chute as well! That’d be fun.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back