Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Lousepulveda

RVF Newbee
I have a 2014 Tiffin 40QBH. I'm considering adding an awning above the living room window. Any ideas on cost to have it done?

I sure don’t but it’s funny that you ask that right now. I was winterizing my class 3 and noticed that the awing is starting to tear. It’s time to replace it, so I’m going to ask my RV guy this weekend when we go shooting. I’ll let you know what he says.

Its an easy job and adding a Care Free window awning for instance will probably cost you around $250 if you do the work yourself. If not, figure an hour of labor even though it will only take half that.

4.5’ for $245 from Amazon:
34B647EB-E8A3-4FEF-96C2-BEDA4612C848.jpeg

My MH has an aluminum skin. I'm thinking about adding window awnings and it strikes me that rivets would be a more solid attachment than self-tapping screws. Yes or no?

I would try to find the structural members and attach the awning to them, and not the skin. You should at least be able to locate and use the framing member along the top of the window. For rivets I found the Milwaukee M12 rivet tool makes very good tight rivets - much better than the manual hand rivet guns.

Added 3 Carefree awnings to full wall slide this spring from a local La Mesa AZ installer, was about 1K and took about 2 weeks to have them ordered and installed. I have to stay off ladders nowdays.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back