• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Advice for used RV

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Two of my friends have bought Cruise America units and are happy with them. I think thats a good way to go if you are in it for a long haul. If you pay 35k for a unit with 125k on the odo and try to sell in a year or two, you are looking at taking a big loss. Much bigger than if you buy an older unit with less miles. As stated, many think the bottom will fall out of the RV market in a year or two, on the other hand many of the new RVers may like the freedom and lifestyle and stay in it. As with everything, its a crapshoot.

My opinion is that the extra maintenance you *might* get from an RV rental company would be much less important than the extra wear and tear from idiots treating the RV poorly simply because they didn't own it. People are animals. Ask anyone that owns rental property. I would much rather try to find a low mileage used RV from an individual. It will be much easier to find a motivated seller buying from an individual than from a rental company too.
100% agreement! If you ever had rental homes and seen what folks do to your property, then you get the picture. They just don’t care one bit. I have rented things and turned it in cleaner than I received. But that is how I was raised to be but folks now days are inconsiderate and as stated by EZ......worse than animals in my opinion.

My opinion is that the extra maintenance you *might* get from an RV rental company would be much less important than the extra wear and tear from idiots treating the RV poorly simply because they didn't own it. People are animals. Ask anyone that owns rental property. I would much rather try to find a low mileage used RV from an individual. It will be much easier to find a motivated seller buying from an individual than from a rental company too.
I don’t agree...I always take very good care of things that are not mine & most people I know do the same....There can be costs to returning a rental In bad condition...right?

I don’t agree...I always take very good care of things that are not mine & most people I know do the same....There can be costs to returning a rental In bad condition...right?
I travel for my job staying 100-140 nights a year in hotels. Not flea bags either. Decent hotels. They make you sign when you check in that you will have to pay a $250 cleaning fee if you smoke in the room. I can smell the cigarette smoke in almost every room I stay in. It's REALLY hard to get out. You think people care? NOPE. Same with rental cars. No smoking signs in every one of them too. They all smell like smoke. Why? Because people don't care because it's not theirs. Look at public restrooms. How many times do you have to stand in a puddle of piss to use the urinal?? Think they do that at home?? What about the ones that shove a whole roll of toilet paper in a toilet?? Seen that at anybody's house? NOPE. I'm telling you when people don't own something they treat it like crap. You may be the exception but you are out numbered I'm afraid.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back