Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

TYAdventure

RVF Newbee
i'm a first timer and thinking of buying 2007 pleasure way with 77k miles for 44k

is this a good deal and does this engine/chassis last strong?

purchase tomorrow so quick advice appreciated.

i'm a first timer and thinking of buying 2007 pleasure way with 77k miles for 44k

is this a good deal and does this engine/chassis last strong?

purchase tomorrow so quick advice appreciated.
Since this appears to be a spur-of-the-moment thing, I think you need to step back and do some homework. Rarely have I made a hurried decision that I didn't regret.

With a 2007 unit, it is all about condition; cosmetic and mechanical. If I was considering a similar unit, I would have it inspected by a qualified RVA inspector before I made any decision. It could be a fine RV, but the way to find out is not to buy it without a full assessment of its mechanical condition. Doing otherwise could be expensive.

TJ

the dealer that is selling provides full inspection and is itemized at a 2-3k assessment. they also have 60day warranty on this inspection.

we were going to buy an insurance -warranty policy as well

i asked if i could have an outside inspector come in but they said they do it themselves.

i still may ask for them to cover costs of my own inspection or lower cost of asking price.

i was just trying to see if anyone had experience with this make and model.

pleasure way excel ts. 2007.
minor cosmetic stuff but overall good condition

Warranties are worthless, they cover very little and are huge profit makers for the selling dealer.

I would step back and do more research, it sounds like the dealer is applying some pressure.

They are balking at you getting an independant inspection? Why?

I fear that if you rush into this, you will regret it.

Every system on the MH is 14 years old, it wil not be trouble free.

Ask the dealer for a copy of the warranty and tell him you are going to have an attorney friend look it over. See what their reaction is.

Remember this warranty is not from the dealer, they get a commission for selling it.

An inspection by the seller is worth exactly what YOU pay for it; zero. If you are determined to go ahead with the purchase, tell the dealer you want everything fixed that the "inspection" finds wrong, and the "60-day warranty" extended to 12 full months from the date of purchase; in writing and reviewed by your attorney. I'm betting the dealer will balk.

TJ

all im asking is if anyone has or has owned a pleasure way excel ts 2007 so i may get feedback on this model. im
not being pressured in anyway. i've done research and comparisons. i have no knowledge on the mechanical or electrical systems, therefore, i asked if they would cover the expense of an independent inspector. they simply said, i'm welcome to pay for my own company but they will still do a complete check there with a written report backed by a 60 day warranty.

the other warranty i may get is for my own self assurance but we have to see what is covered etc.

it's a 14 year old class b but only averages 5k per year. i feel comfortable.

was looking for more feedback about the make and model. thank you

I have no experience with the brand, but wish you good luck and a good outcome. Please let us know how it goes.

Sorry; there are not a lot of Class B owners on RVF yet. Hopefully, more will join so that questions like yours can be better answered. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Please come back and let folks know what you have learned about the Pleasure-Way Class Bs and from your purchase experience. It will be valuable information for those who come along in the future with similar questions.

TJ

Latest resources

Back