Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

GingerLeigh

RVF Newbee
Hi! We are thinking of trading our EPro in on a Surveyor 19RBLE unit. We love our EPro but I want more storage, a better bed and a dinette. I'm scared because everytime I find a travel trailer of any brand that I like it has awful reviews! Anyone happy with Surveyor Legend brand???

No input on that particular model, but I would say don't put too much weight on reviews.

For rvs, most of the time people will post problems and frustrations, and amplify the situation. It's hard to find positive product reviews that are not ad based or fake (aka Amazon reviews).

Look at the construction, feel how the doors are, look at the cabinets, look at plumbing. Spend time looking at it hard enough that your rose colored glasses disappear, and find the problems. Then compare to what you have now and others that you look at.

Axle weights, insulation, frame structure all matter.

Good luck, and if you have specific questions feel free to post.

Second what Redbaron has said.

A majority of drivers on the road follow the laws and drive well. Do you ever see posts about how nice a driver was, what a great job avoiding an accident someone did, or how courteous someone was when you needed to change lanes? Reports of bad drivers fill the web. Just like bad experiences with RV's.

As an experienced camper, you know more than the innocent newbie. Leverage your experience into a good inspection of the rig you like, make sure it is up to your standards. We all know no matter how well they are built, the road travel takes its toll.

Good luck, I hope you find what you are looking for and enjoy it.

We purchased a lightly used 2016 Wildwood 253 RLXL. As to reviews, I've noted in almost all cases, people are quick to write and post a negative review, while few will take time to post a positive review. This occurs not only with travel trailers but other items to which I'm associated.

Now, my review. We love it and would highly recommend one. It fits all of our needs. Of course, I've had to do some maintenance such as replacement of tires, battery, water pump {the previous owner didn't properly winterize it}, and some plumbing fittings, but so what? It is a great trailer!

Bob & Linda
Sparta, TN

No input on that particular model, but I would say don't put too much weight on reviews.

For rvs, most of the time people will post problems and frustrations, and amplify the situation. It's hard to find positive product reviews that are not ad based or fake (aka Amazon reviews).

Look at the construction, feel how the doors are, look at the cabinets, look at plumbing. Spend time looking at it hard enough that your rose colored glasses disappear, and find the problems. Then compare to what you have now and others that you look at.

Axle weights, insulation, frame structure all matter.

Good luck, and if you have specific questions feel free to post.
Thank you!

Latest resources

Back