Chassis
Prevost
Engine
Volvo D13
TOW/TOAD
2023 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Fulltimer
No
If you own the Air Force 1 tow system how are you keeping the air inlet cap from disappearing when not towing? Having just changed to this system I can see it missing very quickly.

If you own the Air Force 1 tow system how are you keeping the air inlet cap from disappearing when not towing? Having just changed to this system I can see it missing very quickly.
Not sure I understand your question. I have black plastic caps that go on the air inlet, I put it in my pocket when traveling then reinstall at next stop when disconnected.

I don’t have the AF-1 system but I do have an air connection that I use these on if this is what you are talking about.

@Neal Have you not lost that cap yet? I know I will. It’s called ageitis. I have already upped my dose of Prevagen.

you guys have a cap?!

I punched a small hole in the end attached a string. The other end of the string is attached to the light cap that covers my plug. This way it there and I don't have to look for it.

I put them in the zippered tool bag that I keep the toad towing pieces/parts in...I also have a spare set of the caps in there too.

Safe Travels.

1636855719790.jpeg

Being a bit obsessed with organizing to overcome aging, I have a TOAD bag for all my parts. It’s with me every time and connect and disconnect. I put each item in a pocket so as to not “lose” it. Now that I’ve said it. 🤦‍♂️

However, I keep a baggie with two important spare parts in my truck’s console: an extra rubber boot/cap, and an emergency brake pin.

The latter item can put you down for the count if you don’t have one. So, hopefully this little secret doesn’t become “public knowledge” among vagrants. If they knew, pulling hitch pins would be boring! 😳

Latest resources

Back