Chassis
Prevost
Engine
Volvo D13
TOW/TOAD
2023 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Fulltimer
No
Many people I know use AF1 as the braking component for their toads. As part of the install on the coach side a small air tank is installed under the chassis that is connected to the air line on the coach. I heard a loud noise driving my bus yesterday and when I reached my destination I went to look and the air tank was hanging by the hoses. The bracket that holds the tank snapped cleanly in half so the road vibration from the fantastic roads we have in CA (not) probably caused it to fail. Check your setups because if that tank separates from the chassis it could cause the toad brakes to lock up possibly.

1678548720173.jpeg

1678548852441.jpeg

Here is what the stock photo looks like so the bracket completely failed. This might be a manufacturers defect. I have a call into them.

3920D2CF-C74C-499A-A75D-DEB176682999.jpeg

To close this out so others may learn from this. I got a new tank from the dealer and took it to a local tire shop who could lift the back end of the bus to get under it. The tech swapped out the tank. On my way home I noticed my main air tanks were lower than usual but above 100. The next day I discovered my main air tanks were empty and that’s never happened. I went to the Prevost service center for a different thing and they found the source of my air loss. It was the AF1 tank fittings. They use push fittings and they swapped out those for compression fittings and problem solved. So if you are installing AF1 on your coach change the push fittings to compression fittings. Greatly reduces chance of an air leak.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back