Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

paulroughton

RVF Newbee
Hello, just bought a 2011 Entegra Anthem, When I took it out for the first night, I put the jacks down and it air Leveled and jack leveled, the next AM, I pulled the jacks up and then fired up the coach and it would not set the level or the ride height. I then put the jacks back down started the coach let it aired up, then pulled the jacks and it seems to have gotten to a ride height, but I don't Think it is high enough. Is there a way to adjust the ride height. Seems low to me all around
1000013047.jpg

Our coach is on a Freightliner chassis. But the ride height adjustment is usually something that would be dictated by the Chassis makers. You can peek under the coach. Our coach has a height sensing valve at the left and right front airbags. And a single height adjuster on the rear main axle…. The valve is usually bolted to a frame rail…it has a supply, delivery, dump, and exhaust tube(s) coming out of the valve. The valve has a horizontal arm which adjusts…connected to a height sensing arm that have bushing on each end. The chassis maker will have a drawing showing the reference points…and the process. Ours has you disconnect the sensing arm…move the valve arm down 30 degrees from horizontal to deflate the airbag…then up 30 degrees from horizontal to inflate the airbag until the height measure is correct. When it’s at the correct height move the valve to the centered horizontal position to lock that in. Then adjust the end of the arm to remount the height sensing arm at that level. It needs to be done in a level surface…and you should adjust all of these heights before completing…because they can affect one another.

Photo is a representation of the valve body and height sensing rod.

The ride height adjusting valves may not be the issue. There is a system used to dump the bags, which may have not shuttled bag into the correct position for reinflation, etc…. If it’s just a bit off,,,that’s when I would think about ride height adjustments.

Attachments

• IMG_2080.jpeg
    IMG_2080.jpeg
    407.7 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Here’s an example of the Freightliner reference for our coach.

Attachments

• IMG_2082.jpeg
    IMG_2082.jpeg
    588.7 KB · Views: 4

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back