Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

chasbz20

RVF Newbee
Recently retired, just bought a 14 year old 30' Jay Flight, it's parked in my driveway near Juneau Wisconsin. Grew up in a camping family, after us kids were gone our parents sold the house, bought a 32' trailer and crisscrossed the country for a few years selling at art fairs and what-not. They settled in Florida, both my sisters and their husbands bought trailers 15 years ago or so and also crisscrossed the country, the Oregon sister did a 6 week trip to Alaska 2 years ago, the Florida sister's husband has been a work camper at Hayward Wisconsin KOA for 4 years so between them there's considerable experience. We're planning a 3-4 month trip together for summer of 2022, a 3 trailer caravan to our 49th state, "the Last Frontier". I had an old 22' Airstream Bambi years ago that I fixed up, but only used a few times before selling it at a tidy profit. I have a lot of learning to do and some work to do on my old Jayco, joined this forum to learn. Looking for advice on roof sealants and caulks, TV and internet setups and more as they arise. Thanks for having me!
Rig-Antigo-Aug2020Rev3-1200.jpg

Welcome to RVForums and congratulations on your new trailer. Alaska trip will be your motivation to get things improved to your liking. Glad to hear you are planning 3-4 months, we went in 2019 and was great. Glad you have joined us and keep us updated on your travels.

also congratulations on retirement

Welcome to RVForums @chasbz20. Great to have you join and look forward to your RV experiences to share.

Welcome!

I have never found any roof sealant better than henery's 100% silicone roof paint /or sealant. It is the only sealant I know that was designed with rubber roofs in mind made of silicone. It is called tropi-coat.

I made a sleeper out of 1/8 th thick undercoat ply a couple of years ago and coated it with tropi-coat paint and crossed the country. Had to take cover in tornado shelter as one past us in Kansas. No direct hit but lots of rain and downed trees.

Never a wet piece of plywood or bedding. It covers my fifth roof and seals my vents. I have used it to make canvas water proof.

I recently heard @NWIP is the RVF Alaskan Caravan Wagonmaster. Can't wait to go!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back