Chassis
Freightliner
Engine
Cummins
TOW/TOAD
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Fulltimer
No
We are headed out on a trip to Alaska in a couple of weeks and beforehand taking the rig in for the annual service. I have an extra air filter, belts, and a spare fuel-water separator. Anything other spare parts I should consider picking up and bringing along in case of emergency?

Because of the rough roads I would get at least one left and right basement door latchs, they are cheep and tend to break often. I would carry some extra PEX clamps and a crimping tool, I have had leaks after rough roads simply because Nermar did not crimp them enough. Maybe a calking gun and a tube of Dicor self leveling sealant.

Like a boat making a passage, I'd carry a spare water pump. Worst case you could fill pans of water from the low point drain without one, but...

Good luck and enjoy your trip!

Best,
-Mark

I normally don't like to push YouTube but I'll make an exception.

There is a channel called Big Truck Big Travels where they chronicle their Alaska trip last summer. You'll have to binge watch to get it all. They normally travel in a huge 5th wheel but for this trip they switched to a super C.

I’d bring a windshield repair kit like this one. Amazon.com We used it several times on our towed vehicle and RV windshield to keep cracks from spreading.

Latest resources

Back