• Commercial/Vendors welcome

FYI Trip to the Mothership

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
As noted at Pueblo International this summer, even exclusive venues are not safe. NKK had the entire Fairgrounds reserved. Many instances of theft at this event.
Apparently the entire RT25 corridor is unsafe. The running gun battles you could hear in Pueblo in the early hours, 2-3 am, is a testament to that idea. News stories about Aurora and gang issues also. Aurora was a nice place in the 1970s when I lived in CO.
Growing up in and near NYC, my habit is to secure belongings, bad people are around.
It is a shame that one has to worry so much about felonious criminals now days.
Well let's not give our fellow travelers the wrong impression, I-25 is quite long. We live 5 miles off of it and travel it frequently. As each of us know, we need to have some measure of vigilance when choosing places to stay, be it overhead environment, large enough site or shootouts on the plantation. Perhaps NKK might begin checking with a local club member when they expect club members to settle down in unfamiliar metro locations for a week. We live 50 mi north of Pueblo and I could have provided some insight just via how often the local news reports violent crime there. Needless to say I didn't bring my coach down but, I was allowed to attended one day, but sadly not any of the seminars.
The rest of the 25 corridor in my opinion is safe to travel camping-wise but, watch out for wildlife and wild drivers in certain areas where speeds can and do reach 100mph on certain straight aways.

We had a great night at Flying W Ranch. Colorado Springs.
Good food and great entertainment.

Day 1 done, most chassis fluids changed, general chassis maintenance mostly completed.
Found a weak chassis battery, swapping both out for new units. Spartan denied warranty??
IMG_2001.jpeg

Busy place. Parking lot almost completely filled last night.
IMG_1995.jpeg

Monday seems to be the busiest day.

Found a weak chassis battery, swapping both out for new units. Spartan denied warranty??
What? On a 2024 coach, Spartan is denying it as a warranty item?

What? On a 2024 coach, Spartan is denying it as a warranty item?
When I bought my new 2023 New Aire the chassis batteries were worthless due to how many times the dealer had let them go dead while sitting out on the lot (they never flip the 12V DC circuit breakers back by the batteries off). I had to replace mine within the first couple of months as they would never hold a charge. Loads of fun trying to get the dealer to do anything about it. Unless there is an obvious manufacturing defect found with the battery, they like to blame the owner of the vehicle for all things batteries...

Best,
-Mark

Day 1 done, most chassis fluids changed, general chassis maintenance mostly completed.
View attachment 26120
Sorry to hear about the batteries; they do like to blame the owners for all things batteries even when brand spanking new. Those yellow DC circuit breakers are your friend if the rig sits unplugged from 120VAC for more than a day or two. The salesman switch just doesn't cut out enough DC items to prevent it from draining down to nothing.

Best,
-Mark

When I bought my new 2023 New Aire the chassis batteries were worthless due to how many times the dealer had let them go dead while sitting out on the lot (they never flip the 12V DC circuit breakers back by the batteries off). I had to replace mine within the first couple of months as they would never hold a charge. Loads of fun trying to get the dealer to do anything about it. Unless there is an obvious manufacturing defect found with the battery, they like to blame the owner of the vehicle for all things batteries...

Best,
-Mark
Similar experience with my first rig. Batteries were run down when I looked at it. It did not occur to me to ask for a new battery.

The Newmar tech, Dave Wright, is doing a great job so far. Lots of small tech items to sort out.
Today they are verifying bolt torque on the chassis and alignment. Very thorough annual maintenance, I ❤️❤️ it.

Latest resources

Back