Entegra
RV Model
Accolade
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
Jeep Gladiator Overland
Fulltimer
No
Hello All, has anyone been to the Albuquerque Balloon festival? just wondering what IS the best place to be? What section is the best? Thanks for any input!

I only know from the one time I went which was with the Newmar Kountry Klub and we were next to the museum.

I only know from the one time I went which was with the Newmar Kountry Klub and we were next to the museum.
thank you!

Hello All, has anyone been to the Albuquerque Balloon festival? just wondering what IS the best place to be? What section is the best? Thanks for any input!
We went in 2019 and it was fantastic. We ended up with a once in a lifetime spot in an RV lot they created north of the Presidents Compound. They somehow double-booked RV spots (computer glitch). If you want to be in the action (and can afford it) try to get into the President's Compound, VIP North or VIP East. The President's and VIP East are above the launch field on a bluff (pretty easy walk to the launch field). The bluff allows a panoramic view of the field and everything that's going on. I believe all the VIP lots adjacent to the launch field are dry camping, but there's a service that can dump your tanks and fill up your fresh water. Note: the VIP North lot is right under the fireworks and is LOUD!!! Cold in the morning and at night FYI. We rented a Class C (our youngest boy on the roof w/ friends)

Attachments

• IMG_0438.JPG
    IMG_0438.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0457.JPG
    IMG_0457.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0459.JPG
    IMG_0459.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0521.JPG
    IMG_0521.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0395.JPG
    IMG_0395.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 12
We went a few years ago and had a fantastic time. We stayed across the street against the roped off area where many balloons land. Got to help out also. Was so awesome that they came right over the coach about 30ft off the ground. We’ll do again at some point.

Attachments

• 52482DE5-2D17-4678-A729-FF55F0E968ED.jpeg
    52482DE5-2D17-4678-A729-FF55F0E968ED.jpeg
    712.8 KB · Views: 1
  • 24EA4C78-3245-4613-B447-B3EF2486F1E6.jpeg
    24EA4C78-3245-4613-B447-B3EF2486F1E6.jpeg
    409 KB · Views: 2
  • 0B14068F-C10D-40F3-A75A-6247200F9C9B.jpeg
    0B14068F-C10D-40F3-A75A-6247200F9C9B.jpeg
    433.7 KB · Views: 2
  • A6EAEBDC-2FF3-4281-8573-558DD4D629D6.jpeg
    A6EAEBDC-2FF3-4281-8573-558DD4D629D6.jpeg
    319.5 KB · Views: 1
We went in 2019 and it was fantastic. We ended up with a once in a lifetime spot in an RV lot they created north of the Presidents Compound. They somehow double-booked RV spots (computer glitch). If you want to be in the action (and can afford it) try to get into the President's Compound, VIP North or VIP East. The President's and VIP East are above the launch field on a bluff (pretty easy walk to the launch field). The bluff allows a panoramic view of the field and everything that's going on. I believe all the VIP lots adjacent to the launch field are dry camping, but there's a service that can dump your tanks and fill up your fresh water. Note: the VIP North lot is right under the fireworks and is LOUD!!! Cold in the morning and at night FYI. We rented a Class C (our youngest boy on the roof w/ friends)
Thank you so much for all the info. Unfortunately, I didn't get tickets. After being on line for over an hour and computer glitches on THEIR end, by the time my turn rolled around, I am now on a wait list and I am sure not holding my breath for that! Maybe next year.

We added to the wait list about a month ahead of the event and got a call about a week and a half out. You might be surprised. A number of people wait listed can't make last minute arrangements. We did request week days as opposed to weekends though.

We added to the wait list about a month ahead of the event and got a call about a week and a half out. You might be surprised. A number of people wait listed can't make last minute arrangements. We did request week days as opposed to weekends though.

Well, that does give me some hope! Thank you!!!!

Haven't been but going on October 11th till the 14th, staying in the South RV park (dry camping).

Latest resources

Back