DSDP 4326
RV Length
Chassis
Freightliner
Engine
ISL 450
TOW/TOAD
2023 Winnebago ERA 70A or 2012 Ford Taurus
If you had a choice between a 2014-2015 MADP or a 2017-2018 DSDP, which would you choose and why?

For me I always prefer newer. But I guess details are needed to really help. Star foundation, FWS, carpet vs. not, etc.

Since Newmar has had a history of upgrading its models every couple of years to the standard of the next higher model. I would guess that the 2017-18 Dutch Star would be pretty equivalent to the 2014-2015 Mountain Air. And, as @Neal said, newer is usually a better choice (less miles, etc.).

I think what would be most important in choosing between them are things like floor plan, preferred chassis, options, etc.

TJ

I believe there is a difference between the 14 and 15 MA. 17 DS over 15 MA...no carpet, star foundation.

Emergency egress door in the bathroom is another big one that came later.

2017+ for the improved star chassis, hydraulic full wall slide, and overall improved design.2016 should be avoided for dutchstar. Even with a replaced axle, the coach has very little carry capacity and has many small bugs in design.

2015 is considered a sweet spot for pre star foundation coaches. It has raised roof lines, and the original fws design. Plenty of carry capacity, and very robust reliability.

2019 DSDP 4369 * Active Air * NHSO

Thanks for the feedback, guys. I need to investigate this Star foundation thing.

Latest resources

Back