Chassis
Roadmaster
Engine
ISL 400
TOW/TOAD
2014 Ford F150
Fulltimer
No
I have a 2005 Monaco Diplomat with ISL 400 Cummins. Had to have the alternator replaced in Cincinnati and mechanic could not find the Leece Neville that was on it. They found a new Delco Remy that was higher amperage and works, but the alternator "dash light and engine buzzer" are on all the time. Mechanic said that old alternator had 3 wires, new one has 1 wire, mechanic didn't know what to do with the other 2 wires, on Saturday afternoon late, no one to call for help so I paid and continued home. Does anyone have any ideas how to remedy

From my past experience, 3 wire alternator usually is connected to an external regulator.
Single wire ones are with internal built in regulator.
Hope he wired it right, or you can do some damage. Do you have volt meter to tell you what is is the charging Voltage with engine running?

From my past experience, 3 wire alternator usually is connected to an external regulator.
Single wire ones are with internal built in regulator.
Hope he wired it right, or you can do some damage. Do you have volt meter to tell you what is is the charging Voltage with engine running?
Yes I do have a volt meter, and it seems to be charging like I expect it should, but I am trying to find out which wire runs what, as maybe 2 of the 3 should be hooked up, or 1 of the other wires should be the one hooked up

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back