• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Am I the first?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I'll be picking up my 2012 Roadtrek 190 Popular in a couple of days. This is my first Roadtrek and looking for hints and potential issues. I have a 1999 Xplorer and have taken four 10,000 trips in. I avoid freeways and almost always travel the 'blue highways'. First shakedown cruise will be from Oregon to the desert outside of San Diego, about 3 weeks on the road.

Successful trip. Brakes overheated coming down twisty California mountain road but now I have the manual option in transmission figured out. Enjoyed Fort Bragg and Redwoods, also High Desert Museum in Bend, Oregon. Now I'm adding cabinets, better drawer locks, a privacy curtain behind front seats, and a 'hammock' to hold the sleeping bag behind the couch when driving. The next run will be into Washington State, not sure where.

Just purchased a 97 Roadtrek 190 Popular. Took it in to the Dodge mechanic to have the once over, as it had some play in the steering and pulled a little when applying the brake at > 55mph. Dodge gave it the once over, and replied with the following repair list: replace both adler arms, drag link from gear to linkage, steering gear, intermediate shaft - rubber and u joint, rear differential service for a total of around $5000...are these repairs worth it on a 1997 Roadtrek? Engine is 126k but as the Dodge mechanic said "it runs like a top"...

My first step would be a second opinion/estimate.
In the end, if you intend to use it much, it needs to be safe to drive

Latest resources

Back