Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

DKenna

RVF Newbee
My year old Class B has had an awning issues since delivery. Will not open to extend by itself. Must force cover with your hand to open. Been back to the dealer a dozen times for adjustments most recently a new larger motor was installed. Still not working. Dealer now telling me awning should be replaced (I asked for a new awning over a year ago) and they are waiting on Carefree to approve. Any advice or recommendations?

I have the same awning on my CL B. It sounds like something is inherently wrong with the awning, and I would go with the dealer’s rec to replace the entire unit.

I have the same awning on my CL B. It sounds like something is inherently wrong with the awning, and I would go with the dealer’s rec to replace the entire unit.
thanks and that is what I am looking for except no response from Carefree

My year old Class B has had an awning issues since delivery. Will not open to extend by itself. Must force cover with your hand to open. Been back to the dealer a dozen times for adjustments most recently a new larger motor was installed. Still not working. Dealer now telling me awning should be replaced (I asked for a new awning over a year ago) and they are waiting on Carefree to approve. Any advice or recommendations?
That dispels the myth behind the name!!!

Our 2023 Patriot did the same thing during PDI. The arms were binding against the body of the awning when it was closed which prevented it from opening on demand. Being bound up, It required a pull on the front rail to dislodge it, at which point it would operate correctly. They adjusted the arms and the problem was solved.

Latest resources

Back