Forest River
RV Model
Salem FSX 270RTK-X
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2022 Ford Expedition Timberline
Fulltimer
Yes
A few days ago I decided to dump my fresh water tank and sterilize the whole system with a little bleach. Of course during this process I switched my Anderson valve from "city fixture" to "fresh fill" then back again after refilling the tank. So I run the bleach mixture through all the lines, dump and refill a couple times.

The next day I notice the fresh water tank overfill line has a tiny stream of water coming out of it. It is running at a rate of about a gallon per hour. After consulting a different RV forum it is suggested the Anderson valve probably blew out an 0 ring. I began investigating further because I didn't know squat about these Anderson valves.

Apparently, when you switch these from one setting to another you are suppose to relieve all the water pressure first. If you just switch them back and forth, like I did, then it can easily blow the 0 rings.

These Anderson valves come in plastic and brass. I never opened up my wet bay cover to see which one my current RV has but if I ever replace it I will of course go with the brass one. Anyway, after finding all of this out I shut my water down and slowly moved the switch back and forth between all the settings several times. When I turned the water back on my overflow leak had stopped. So if one of these 0 rings do move it is sometimes possible to re-seat them without tearing the whole thing apart.

Anyway, I have had several RVs with Anderson valves and never knew you were suppose to shut off the water pressure before switching them over from one setting to another. Hope this helps someone else.

I was doing the same thing this week and have noticed the ground beneath my RV has stayed wet. I bet mine is doing the same thing. Thanks for the heads up Joe! I'll go check it out.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back