Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Another government assault on boondocking.

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I asked this on another thread about the loss of public land to RV's.

Do you participate in the process? Write your Congress and Senate representative? Do you know that every rule or code of federal regulation change is preceded by a comment period open to the public? If you don't know how to comment, then find out.

Or, do you only comment on social media that gets you nowhere.

I asked this on another thread about the loss of public land to RV's.

Do you participate in the process? Write your Congress and Senate representative? Do you know that every rule or code of federal regulation change is preceded by a comment period open to the public? If you don't know how to comment, then find out.

Or, do you only comment on social media that gets you nowhere.
If you have seen some of my previous posts you would know that I take extreme measures to try to keep our lands open to recreation. From dealing with local and state offices concerning campers trashing the lands up to mapping sites and reporting the locations of campers exceeding the 14 day stay limits. If you had read any of the article you would see this attempt by BLM is to proceed without congressional oversight. The last three+ years (I don't remember what happened about then) this has been happening on many of our government lands. As far as the comment periods, I have been involved in many during my Government career. The outcomes are always pre-determined but some minor adjustments can be made. I also do OHV riding on our lands. My wife and I pickup trash and other debris on our rides in an attempt to be good stewards of the land.
Now can you tell us what you do to protect and enhance our lands?

BLM is attempting to implement the rule without congressional oversight or approval. It has the potential to curtail access to public lands dramatically and, if implemented, would significantly impact the future of campgrounds, boondocking, and dispersed camping. The rule would enable the BLM to severely restrict camping on the 245 million acres in twelve Western states under its management.

sanda,

I applaud your participation. My use of "you" in my post wasn't targeted at you specifically. It was a general description of those who don't participate and only complain.

To be as unpolitical as I can on this! I keep asking God to remove all parts of the government that do not serve the people!!! If I am answered the government will fall!
Can you ask your god to do the same with Canada please??!! :) And I'm done being political. :)

Darrell

If you have seen some of my previous posts you would know that I take extreme measures to try to keep our lands open to recreation. From dealing with local and state offices concerning campers trashing the lands up to mapping sites and reporting the locations of campers exceeding the 14 day stay limits. If you had read any of the article you would see this attempt by BLM is to proceed without congressional oversight. The last three+ years (I don't remember what happened about then) this has been happening on many of our government lands. As far as the comment periods, I have been involved in many during my Government career. The outcomes are always pre-determined but some minor adjustments can be made. I also do OHV riding on our lands. My wife and I pickup trash and other debris on our rides in an attempt to be good stewards of the land.
Now can you tell us what you do to protect and enhance our lands?

BLM is attempting to implement the rule without congressional oversight or approval. It has the potential to curtail access to public lands dramatically and, if implemented, would significantly impact the future of campgrounds, boondocking, and dispersed camping. The rule would enable the BLM to severely restrict camping on the 245 million acres in twelve Western states under its management.
As a Canadian Snowbird, I have no voice for your government to hear but We, my wife and I, try to do our part by removing as much trash as we can during our stays. I would like to add that it would be helpful for the US to implement an Aluminum and Glass recycling program similar to what Canada does in order to help eliminate the accumulation on public lands.

Darrell

Last edited:
As a Canadian Snowbird, I have no voice for your government to hear but We, my wife and I, try to do our part by removing as much trash as we can during our stays. I would like to add that it would be helpful for the US to implement an Aluminum and Glass recycling program similar to what Canada does in order to help eliminate the accumulation on public lands.

Darrell
Or they could supply dumpsters/roll ons the way New Mexico, and Nevada do in all rest areas across the US, and worldwide.

Like I said before, they are not interested in keeping public land bought, supposedly by our tax money, public!

For the record, I too haul out trash! I think most of us do! I have paid anywhere between 0, to 5 USD to dump lazy, inconsiderate, or just under privileged peoples trash. Even though at times it is outside of my budget.

I am not a brown shirt, and it's not my job, to turn in my neighbors, it's only my job to love, and care for the land I love, that should be everyone's job!!!

But no matter, after 24 years living as I do, the powers that be! still have an agenda, to take away that, that they claim to be ours. It just may be that the way I live close to nature, gives my eyes clarity, and my heart more feeling for what's honest!!!

Latest resources

Back