Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Mtnbikur

RVF Newbee
Hi, just joined the forum. My wife and I are planning to RV as our first adventure in retirement. We’re at least 5 years out. We love the national parks system and our goal is to see/camp in every park in the system that can be reached by land. We want to set up camp and spend at least a few weeks or a month when we stop. We hope to spend entire summers in certain parks like Yellowstone before having to move on. The idea for us is to really get to know a place and actually live there, not just camp for a week and rush thru the highlights. We want this to be our life and not get tired of rushing thru

We’re new to RVing, so no experience towing or backing or anything RV related. We can register for campsites like it’s cool though! Total pros.

I’ve done a ton of research on RV types and I think we’ve landed on a fifth wheel as our camper style of choice. We’re looking at the smallest Solitude made by Grand Designs. Their ‘smallest’ is just under 35’, which seems to be suggested for national parks.

We’re looking forward to seeing lots of pictures and reading lots of stories on here.

Welcome to RVF. You will find friendly and knowledgeable folks here. Sounds like you already have some fun plans underway already. My suggestion is to do exactly what you are doing now; do your homework before spending your money.

TJ

Welcome & good luck with your journey!

Welcome, lots of beautiful National and state parks.

Welcome! We started RVing a few years ago and just LOVE it! Enjoy the adventures!!

Welcome @Mtnbikur - don't wait, too many stories of those that did and it never happened. Live today and enjoy the RV lifestyle sooner vs. later. So much to see even if you remain in your home state.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back