Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

NorthIdaho Grampa

RVF Regular
I have a 2011 Fleetwood Storm 28MS model motor home with slideout on driver side. Does this model have a manual way to bring slide out in. I haven't had a problem YET! Thanks!

Did you not get an Owners Manual? That's the only place I know that would tell you for sure, unless you get lucky and find someone with the exact same coach. I guess you could call the manufacturer also. Good luck!

Did you not get an Owners Manual? That's the only place I know that would tell you for sure, unless you get lucky and find someone with the exact same coach. I guess you could call the manufacturer also. Good luck!
I bought unit used and it only had the general Owner's Manual. It doesn't cover slide out. Fleetwood does not offer technical help for anything older than 2012. Thanks for your suggestions.

Can you help fill us in on the type of slide mechanism your coach has; cogwheel, chain drive, screw drive, hydraulic, etc,? There is usually a manual over-ride on at least the mechanical drives. Hydraulic can be a bit harder.

Not knowing the specifics of your coach, I'm guessing that it is likely a cogwheel drive. If so, you need to locate where the motor drive is and follow the drive shaft to the outboard end. Many such units have a hex nut at the end where a socket wrench can be used to rotate the cogwheel drive manually.

Good luck.

UPDATE: you might want to take a look at this link that I just found.

TJ

Can you help fill us in on the type of slide mechanism your coach has; cogwheel, chain drive, screw drive, hydraulic, etc,? There is usually a manual over-ride on at least the mechanical drives. Hydraulic can be a bit harder.

Not knowing the specifics of your coach, I'm guessing that it is likely a cogwheel drive. If so, you need to locate where the motor drive is and follow the drive shaft to the outboard end. Many such units have a hex nut at the end where a socket wrench can be used to rotate the cogwheel drive manually.

Good luck.

UPDATE: you might want to take a look at this link that I just found.

TJ
Hi TJ
I located the motor/gearbox earlier. It is in the center of the slideout with shafts going to both ends. I printed out the Fleetwood manual and it gives me a starting point to go with. I have my motor home in storage right now, but I think with the help you have given me, I can find the manual override and I should be able to locate the hexnut. And following the manual, I should be able to find the brake release on the motor. Thank you very much for your help. I am new to this forum and am already excited to find a place where RVers can help one another out. Thanks again, Mike

Glad to have you here with us on RVF, @Mike. There are lots of knowledgeable and experienced RVers on the forum and someone can usually provide help with an issue. When you get a chance, let us know what you found on your coach so others in a similar situation can benefit from what you've learned.

TJ

I bought unit used and it only had the general Owner's Manual. It doesn't cover slide out. Fleetwood does not offer technical help for anything older than 2012. Thanks for your suggestions.
Here is a copy of your 2011 Owners manual. It was a simple Google search. I didn't read it but hopefully the information you seek is in there. You should print a copy!!!

Hi,
Thank you EZ for researching the Owner's manual location. I appreciate your help. I have that manual but it doesn't get specific about the slideout and does not cover the manual crank in/out operation. TJ from above posting, found a manual for Fleetwood slideout that gives illustrations and instructions for a typical Power Gear assembly. I have my MH in storage at the moment, but will check out my slide out Power Gear assembly before the next time I take it out. Our last outing last fall, the slideout wouldn't come back in after we had been boondocking for several days. But after running the generator and the MH engine the batteries charged up enough then the slideout came back in. That incident left me wondering how and where the manual crank out is for my MH. I did end up changing out the house batteries and the engine battery as they all tested weak, which will eliminate one cause of the slide out not coming in. Thanks again, Mike

Sorry it wasn't more help. I'm sure glad I got all the owners manuals and service manuals with my coach when I bought it from the original owners!!

Latest resources

Back