• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Any advice?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I had a read and the "Luxury" model sure looks good. My only concern it the sewer dump plumbing is exposed. If it freezes you won't be able to dump and if it freezes hard enough, it will crack your plumbing. Again, I don't know how cold you expect your winters to be but you could remedy that problem adding a heat source (120 V self regulating heat tape) and extra insulation around it INCLUDING THE END CAP. I noticed that the frame was made of aluminum too. Ford seems to be doing alight with their fully aluminum pick ups. I feel confident that the same manufacturing process should work for an RV as well.

We wintered in Canada during COVID. All of my plumbing is contained in the wet bay but the flexible sewer hose of course was not. I wrapped it with heat tape and covered it with aluminum foil backed insulation. I plugged it in before I dumped and left it on for about 10 minutes after the dump and never had a problem.

Good luck!

Darrell

If you are happy with the unit and can make it work, that's all that really matters right?
I am hoping that what they mean by "frame" is floor joists, wall studs & roof frame. I am hoping it is not the "chassis". If it does include the chassis I don't know where they're coming up with the 8,000 + lbs empty weight.
Does anyone swap out the little propane refrigerators for a regular sized house unit? When traveling, keep it on with a generator?

Latest resources

Back