Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Any useful benefits to FMCA other than the tire discount?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Rich W.

Retired Fire Chief
RVF Supporter
RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Ventana 3427
RV Length
Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
6.7 ISB 360/800
TOW/TOAD
2001 Jeep Wrangler
Fulltimer
No
I saved $438 after the $60 membership fee so Im satisfied with my FMCA membership, but Ive been perusing their website and while I see a lot of misc offerings, I haven't found anything else that actually looks useful. Am I missing something?
Thanks in advance,
FMCA Member # F531910, since…..today!

My FMCA profile pic:

Attachments

• 70E102DA-0FBD-46E5-907B-40C353AB462B.jpeg
    70E102DA-0FBD-46E5-907B-40C353AB462B.jpeg
    1,013 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
The Assist program is very value if you were to have a serious health issue. Be aware that you must be at least 100 miles from home to utilize it and also be sure to contact them first before making any arrangements to get home or to get the rig home

Sometimes it’s hard to put a $ value on things. We have been FMCA members for 15+ years and will continue to be members for the foreseeable future. Do we get dollar-for-dollar value from it? Probably not. We enjoy the magazine and use info gathered from it for our rv travel and get a discount on things every now and then.

We just feel that FMCA has been so deeply rooted in the rv industry for so long that we wish to support it so it won’t slowly disappear. Heck, I just spent $50 on a simple brunch for two!

Ive been thinking about it for a while anyway and I’ll maintain my membership from now on. Just wondering what others use it for besides tire discounts. Coincidentally their campground in the Cincinnati area is very close to some relatives we plan to visit. Also I received my invoice today and my actual savings on the tires was $438 so that‘s a nice little bonus too.

Just a short note since this is an old thread, I had to use the air ambulance benefit for my wife back in April. Not going to get into all the details, but they would not fly my wife for treatment or potentially life saving surgery. They would however fly her for palliative care or hospice ONLY. They did fly her from Las Vegas, NV to Duluth, MN and the air crew was top notch. The air crew was with her from bed to bed with ground ambulances to and from the airports. I have not seen any bill and from what I understand the bill could top $100,000.
Tom

We use their Tech+ offering for the hotpot. They just switched from Sprint/T-Mobile to AT&T.

The AT&T service is slower than the Sprint/T-Mobile. AT&T seems to manage the network speed to not go above 12Mbps.

Good enough speed for zoom calls and working. When streaming movies, we have occasional buffering.

I saved over $300 when I stayed at Hilton Head Island Motorcoach Resort. FMCA is definitely a keeper for me.

We get our coach insurance through them (progressive).

I also have my full timer's insurance through FMCA. The air ambulance savings means if I pay for the rest of my life I will never repay what the ride costs. I have not seen a bill for the transport of my wife from Las Vegas NV to Duluth MN. I have been told that it could be anywhere from $100,000 to $500,000 plus for that ride, but don't know for sure.

Latest resources

Back