Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Event Anyone interested in meeting at the EAA AirVenture in Oshkosh, WI?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Neal

Staff member
RVF Administrator
RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Ventana 4037
RV Length
40' 10"
Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
As I've now purchased my early bird tickets I intend to go to the biggest airshow in the US every year, EAA's AirVenture. I will be going in my RV (motorhome) and not airplane. I'm reaching out to see if anyone is thinking about or planning to go as well and we could get together for an informal gathering of like interests. Details of the event can be found below and it's July 25-31, 2022.

Always wanted to visit Oshkosh. My next door neighbors would fly in every year. Post some pics!

I can’t believe your not flying in and sleeping under the wing in a tent😳. Where’s your sense of adventure.

I can’t believe your not flying in and sleeping under the wing in a tent😳. Where’s your sense of adventure.
I thought about it but I have to return to Newmar for them to repair damage they caused during my windshield replacement and it aligns with my travels out west (explore CO) so this year the MH works out. Next year maybe I'll fly in.

Its now on my calendar. I don't know where Ill be in late July but its a possibility.

June 24th is the day to register for camping on the grounds. I have a reservation 20 minutes south for staging into the event, I could book it through Aug 1st as it is available but my preference is to be on the grounds so I can bike in with ease and not deal with parking and care for my dog as needed. I RV'd there once before as part of a rally with RV Fantasy Tours which I don't recommend, it was a big waste of money but at least I got the lay of the land. You don't have to stay the entire event but I do suggest seeing the night air show, really neat. I think it's on Wednesday and Saturday but I'd have to check the schedule.

We flew in and camped in a tent under the wing of the Skylane back in the 80-90s. Fun time.
Gail was a trooper.
On one trip, the first static display of the SR 71. We had breakfast sitting next to a RSO of the bird. Interesting conversation. He was very artful in providing what information that was allowable and keeping the conversation interesting.

The SR71 is a leaker, fuel, I believe. The wings were wet, dripped from the underneath of the SR71 while on display. Apparently this is normal.

You meet great folks at Oshkosh. Should be a great time.

Not sure we can put it together this year.

We'll be back in WI sometime this summer but will spend most of the time about midway between Three Lakes and Eagle River. I grew up 17 miles south of Oshkosh, North Fond du Lac. My parents would sell programs at EAA to raise money for the Telephone Pioneers. Have watched the air show from just outside the grounds a number of times.

When back in the area, we normally stay at the Breesy Hill campground, just south of Fond du Lac but I would bet they are already booked for EAA dates.

Enjoy the trip!

WHile you are in the area, if you like ice cream...

East of US41 on County Road B...about a half mile before Breesy Hill campground.

EAA is a day trip for me. I'm surprised the campground reservations are so late. The hotels book up a year in advance. A friend of mine does some sort of campground greeter thing there every year and loves it. If you've never been, it's an amazing week. Just note that traffic is awful that week, so staying on the grounds is ideal.

Latest resources

Back