Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Anyone use Museum Wax (or putty) in their coach to secure things?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

mjeds

RVF VIP
I have long used museum wax in my home to secure various knick-knacks and breakables, especially crystal things in the curio cabinet. it keeps the items in place during an earthquake, so they don't fall off the shelves.

The nice thing about this stuff is that while it secures the item you can easily remove the object and the wax doesn't leave behind any type of stain or damage to the shelf it was placed on.

I had it securing 2 dozen wine glasses in our curio for well over 12 years and 2 5.0+ earthquakes.

I am wondering if anyone uses in in their coach and have any feed back as to how it works when the coach is in motion.

while it is very good for a 20-30 second quake, not sure how well it fairs in a rolling RV/Trailer.

I had never heard of it but recently landed on a YouTube video in which they used it for many things in a trailer. I have it on my shopping list to try!

I learned about it when looking at a Country Coach for sale - they used it for several things on the counters. Very handy stuff.

I use it to hold garbage can steady in the bathroom. Works well.

The stuff really works. It keeps things in place going down the road.

Jack Nicholson You Cant Handle The Truth GIF

Have used the stuff for years. Perfect for rv use.

thanks, so it doesn't seem the constant vibration/motion of a coach is an issue with Museum wax, good to know.

I want to use it to secure my Alexa devices and some other small items, so I don't have to worry about packing them all up every time I need to move.

Latest resources

Back