Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question Anyone with experience with Thor Gemini or Compass with positive or negative comments. I'm interested in what you have to say. Please respond.

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

partimer

RVF Newbee
Anyone with experience with Thor Gemini or Compass with positive or negative comments. I'm interested in what you have to say. Please respond.

Gee Partimer, you got a lot of views and no responses. Feel like the lone ranger?
Wish I could help you. Have you tried in a Thor forum section?

I know that Thor gets a lot of bad publicity on forums for quality issues. A friend of ours has a Thor C which is on the Ford pickup chassis. His is diesel. I don’t know the model. They have had it for 2+ years now and love it. They haven’t had any problems to speak of other than the small stuff which happens on anything that’s a house going down our fabulous roads

Anyone with experience with Thor Gemini or Compass with positive or negative comments. I'm interested in what you have to say. Please respond.
We just completed a coast to coast, 7000 miles in 4 weeks with our 2017 Gemini 23TR. Averaged 15.5 mpg. Had a great trip. Spent nights in camp grounds, truck stops, rest areas and plugged in to a relatives garage for a night. This was the third long trip from California to the mid west and beyond. When we planed this trip it was to be our GRAND FINALE due to our age. Now we are not for sure.
The only upgrade we did was installing Sumo Springs after we purchased it in 2018. The Gemini handles well against side winds and truck blasts. I kept speeds down to 65 or 70.

I recently purchased a Gemini 23tw. I've had the rig for about 3 weeks. Wife and I like it very much. It's a real step up from our previous MB sprinter Fleetwood.
A few things I don't like are the poor backup camera, tv is hard wired and bolted to the wall with no access to the various inputs. Given that the unit is 2021 I was hoping for at least current technology.

Ugh! Drove my new Gemini back to Denver from Houston; nothing worked when we got it back; all of the wiring was on the ground! The bed straps pulled out of the wall, the drawers were mostly sawdust on the ground and it looks like someone put it together blindfolded - looks nothing like the videos.
Took it to Camping World where, after weeks waiting, we got it back and the electrical seems to be working but there is a whole mess of wiring and cords still hanging underneath. They barely fixed the drawers and everything still looks cheap.
I put it away until the snow melted and just got it out today: the water pump and the stabilizers don't work.
I took it to an electrician since CW is so useless and he couldn't even get the power to come on...I'm waiting for his call now...
The Ford itself drives great but I am thoroughly disgusted by this RV.

I have several friends who have different levels of Thor's, all have performed well and without major issues. That being said, I've been on other Thor forums and the complaints are abundant.

As for quality, I guess you get what you pay for. Thor, it seems, is like buying a Bayliner. Bayliner will get you into a boat at much less than a Searay, but you're going to have to give up the options. I've had 3 Bayliners and enjoyed them all.

That being said, I'm sure I would have enjoyed a SeaRay too! lol But everyone has a different budget, right?

New 2022 Compass 23TW: problems with awning (see post), Sirius antenna not connected, had to pay to get done. Fan in bath inop; panel on wall outside of bath buckled away from stud first day of trip, was not attached to middle stud. One slide hanger collapsed; barely screwed in. Small crack in shower floorpan, (only 180 lbs, people!).
Manual says engine should be running with e-brake on before extending slide, was told not to do that..still not sure what is correct. After approx 3200 miles, averaging 10.6 mpg

New 2022 Compass 23TW: problems with awning (see post), Sirius antenna not connected, had to pay to get done. Fan in bath inop; panel on wall outside of bath buckled away from stud first day of trip, was not attached to middle stud. One slide hanger collapsed; barely screwed in. Small crack in shower floorpan, (only 180 lbs, people!).
Manual says engine should be running with e-brake on before extending slide, was told not to do that..still not sure what is correct. After approx 3200 miles, averaging 10.6 mpg
If you are on Facebook, there are several forums dedicated to the lack of quality and poor response from the dealers/manufacture. I've not owned a Thor, so I have no first hand information to pass on. But there are plenty of sites dedicated to the subject.

For what it's worth, I have several friends who have Thor products and are happy with them.

Latest resources

Back