RV Model
Red 33 AA
RV Length
35 ft
TOW/TOAD
2017 Jeep Sahara
Fulltimer
No
Well my Ruby Red needed a bath something awful. After sitting in storage for 6 months, then sitting in her spot at home through the pollen attacks she really needed a wash.

I all ready had the gas power washer, so last year I bout a spray cannon hook up to spray the washing foam on the coach. I figured it would be easier. NOT...... It works but you have to drag out the power washer, fill it with gas. Then get a second hose, one for the power washer, one for the rinse. Everything I used, spray foam cleaner, on the coach still had to be touched with a soft brush after soaped up to remove the dirt. Then the rinse. Man I had hoses, washer, cleaning brushes all over the place, what a PIA.

It is easier to just put the cleaner soaping bubbles in a bucket, wet coach side, wash with soft brush and rinse.

So tell me, when you have to wash your motor home yourself what method are you using???? My back is killing me....

HH

You mean you wash your RV? The dirt is free camouflage!

You mean you wash your RV? The dirt is free camouflage!
Wash and wax!
4D82EFA7-8063-4467-8C21-A6091FFC7361.jpeg
BCA6CDAD-084C-4C5D-AB5A-DBE9CF44E10A.jpeg

soap cannons are great. Reduce scratching on the paint, especially if it is dirty. I highly recommend you rinse first with a pressure washer and then use a soap cannon to remove as much grit and dirt as possible before touching it with a mitt or a pole. Don't use brushes; instead, use lambs wool mitts and or poles with a lambs wool attachment like mary moppins you can get from Amazon. If you want to cut down the time, I highly recommend a DI water tank to remove all impurities from the water, and you can let it dry without any spots. No matter how you look at it, it takes a tremendous effort to do it yourself. I find myself splitting the washing task into two days as I have gotten older so I am not exhausted from the effort. You will inevitably find a system that works for you.

How do you clean your lambs wool to insure it's not contaminated?

Foam canon is all I use.

IMG_5541 (002).jpg

My opinion only is never let the lambs wool touch the ground. If it does put it aside for a different purpose. Second I use the 2 bucket wash method one with soap and one with clean water. I put grit guards in my buckets. I put the lambs wool into the clean water every couple of times before I dunk it in the soap. That way I keep the contamination down to a minimum or non existent. I’ll wash the lambs wool in the wash machine and let them air dry outside. Keep them in plastic baggies when storing.

I forgot about those things you can put in buckets. I have them and a bucket, probably got as a Chemical Guys set but it takes up too much room for me to bring along. I really just use the mary moppins on the pole, the foam cannon, and pressure washer. I do use a mitt for the stainless stuff on the rear radiator area.

Amazon product ASIN B01CJEBH0G
Amazon product ASIN B003TTL0TE

Latest resources

Back