RV Year
RV Make
Coachmen
RV Model
Catalina Trail Blazer 26TH
RV Length
Fulltimer
No
Not really sure where to post this question so if the mods have a better place for it please feel free to move it.

My question is for those of you that spend winter in Arizona. What is the furthest north you would go before it gets too cold during the stay. The wife and I have spent some time in Arizona over the last couple of years both with the TT and also flying out to visit famuiily and friends. We have come to really like the Wickenburg area and we were thinking about spending a winter there or possibly a little further north.

If you were to draw a line through the state, east to west, where would you place that line as the furthest north point to avoid weather extremes. Would it be through Phoenix, Sedona or another area?

Thanks in advance, all responses appreciated.

Too cold? It's never too cold! :) This winter and last I ventured north, last year was to explore AZ and I went all the way up to Page and also Flagstaff, Sedona, Quartzsite, etc. Flagstaff and north is crazy cold. Sedona is doable and definitely worth seeing if you haven't. This year I had to be further north, I'll be in therapy from that trip for years to come! :(

I'd say draw a line east/west through Phoenix or just north and stay south of that to keep your blood thin.

Parker, Lake Havasu or anywhere near the river is awesome in the winter. Page /Lake Powell is nice just really cold (for me).

Attachments

• parker1.jpg
    parker1.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 5
  • parker21.jpg
    parker21.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 5
Neal, after living in northeast ohio for 30+ years, anything below 35 is cold. Actually i should have worded my question better. The real question is has anyone spent a winter in Wickenburg/Congress area and what is the weather like.

My wife and I have been out to Arizona several times in the last couple of years, both with the TT and flying out to visit family and friends, On one of our day trips while there we came across Wickenburg and really like it. Thus the desire to spend a winter there is possible. Staying in that area we would miss the craziness and traffic of Phoenix but yet be close enough for visiting family and friends and go shopping in the "big city".

Neal, after living in northeast ohio for 30+ years, anything below 35 is cold. Actually i should have worded my question better. The real question is has anyone spent a winter in Wickenburg/Congress area and what is the weather like.

My wife and I have been out to Arizona several times in the last couple of years, both with the TT and flying out to visit family and friends, On one of our day trips while there we came across Wickenburg and really like it. Thus the desire to spend a winter there is possible. Staying in that area we would miss the craziness and traffic of Phoenix but yet be close enough for visiting family and friends and go shopping in the "big city".
Wickenburg is the same basic weather as Phoenix. As you move north to Congress, Yarnell, and Peeples Valley you rise in elevation and you are sitting at the base of the Bradshaw mountains and the Prescott National Forest. A little cooler slight chance of snow (not significant) but it is an extremely rural area. Not much out there but for the people that live there its what they like.

Thanks Dave. I should have asked the right question to begin with. That is exactly what I was wanting to know.

The only park I have looked into is the Escappees park in congress. I am still looking at the parks in Wickenburg. The wife and I have no problems at all with rural as we were both born in little coal mining towns in Pa. I will have to look into the city of Congress a little more in-depth.

Hey @oldguy49 , what is the attraction to Wickenburg? I have passed through there a couple of times, but nothing reached out and grabbed me. Please fill me in.

Not sure what the "attraction" is just someplace the wife and I liked. We both like the small town feel.

Not sure what the "attraction" is just someplace the wife and I liked. We both like the small town feel.
Fair enough. We like what we like.

Latest resources

Back