Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question Arkansas / Ozarks recommendations?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Neal

Staff member
RVF Administrator
RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Ventana 4037
RV Length
40' 10"
Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
As I work my way back towards the east coast, NC, SC, then VA I'm looking for a stay of around a week to enjoy Ozarks country. Something off the I-30 corridor, doesn't have to be that close to I-30 but that's my route between Dallas and Nashville where I'm headed after Ozarks.

Let me know any suggested stays with great views.

We like Catherines Landing in Hot Springs.

We were in Catherines Landing in Hot Springs a couple of months ago and I don't know what changed but they had ZERO cellulars. We couldn't even make WIFI calls on the campgrounds WIFI or on Verizon or T-Mobile hotspots or out AT&T phones. I have camped there several times and the signals were weak but now they are unusable. It is a nice campground in a great area.

Neal has all the Star Wars gadgets and is able to get service in Death Valley...maybe!

Neal has all the Star Wars gadgets and is able to get service in Death Valley...maybe!
There is a lot of open area without trees. I don't have the Star Link so I don't have any experience with it but my guess is it would work.

X2 on Catherine’s landing however weather wise may not be the best that time of year. use the resort driving directions.

Take the Carpenter Dam Road exit, EXIT 7, toward LAKE CATHERINE STATE PARK/GARVAN WOODLAND GARDENS. Turn left onto Carpenter Dam Rd/AR-128. Go southwest on Carpenter Dam Rd/AR-128 toward Shady Grove Rd. Take the 1st left onto Shady Grove Rd. Go 1.74 miles and the entrance to Catherine’s Landing will be on the Right.

Latest resources

Back