Prevost
Engine
Volvo D13
TOW/TOAD
2023 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Fulltimer
No
Why am I hating AT&T today? :mad:??:mad:

I put the AT&T sim and the Verizon sim into the Pepwave MT Duo and of course Verizon is connected like a charm but ole AT&T is giving me heartburn. Hold on while I swig that tequila straight from the bottle. Okay I feel better now.

It seems to not be able to find the IP address and would you know the AT&T store gave me a sim card for a tablet? I told them I had a router. Because I was not a high dollar customer that day maybe he got it wrong and gave me the wrong sim card for the type of the device?

1634953406635.png

I finally figured it out. The auto APN for ATT was the following: fast.t-mobile.com. Well, that cannot be right. I searched the internet and for ATT someone suggested NXTGENPHONE as a custom APN. Sure enough, it connected. If anyone knows of something different please post it here.

65.94 on the download 1.04 on the upload. Hopefully, I can improve that.

Another post said try broadband as the APN. Seems to be the same.

I don't use "Both Sims" but choose SIM A or SIM B that I want to use. I don't know how the PW chooses which SIM to use on startup, but play and see how things work for you. Yeah, those APN's you typically leave blank (or clear) and PW will fill it in as required.

Download/Upload is typically location/tower dependent. Try moving the Cellular to disabled for a minute then back to Priority or reboot the device.

Make sure your Firmware is up to date as well on the unit.

Why am I hating AT&T today? :mad:??:mad:
Welcome to the AT!T hate club! ?

It seems to not be able to find the IP address and would you know the AT&T store gave me a sim card for a tablet? I told them I had a router. Because I was not a high dollar customer that day maybe he got it wrong and gave me the wrong sim.
Geez, with all the conversations about what NOT to tell them, I’m surprised you even got a SIM at all! (Remember the admonition to just walk in and ask for a SIM and stop at that?) ?
AT&T didn’t have a clue what a PepWave is, and when you say router, that throws them into V-Fib! A SIM is a SIM. The issue is the “provisioning” within their system. So, when the IMEI from the PepWave gets pushed into the carrier’s system, it’s looked up in their database…as that’s where your headaches begin. I’ve challenged Verizon on this and had Reps flat out LIE that it doesn’t matter. But, I eventually got in touch with an upper level tech, who admitted its EXACTLY what they do! And if you’re not a “provisioned” device, aka bought their phone/tablet/hotspot/etc, they either push your down the speed food chain, or block you altogether!

I don't use "Both Sims" but choose SIM A or SIM B that I want to use. I don't know how the PW chooses which SIM to use on startup, but play and see how things work for you.
The PepWaves with a single modem WILL ALWAYS BOOT UP ON SIM A FIRST!!!!
This is such a stupid PITA about that configuration, which is misleading. By “Preferred SIM”, PEPLINK says that’s only to give one sim a preference over another when both are receiving a signal that’s equal.
It drove me crazy, why if I selected SIM B, that the PepWave wouldn’t boot on SIM B. It took a bunch of research on their forum and a tech’s help to find out why it doesn’t happen.

So, that means if you want a certain carrier to always be selected first upon boot up, YOU MUST PUT THAT SIM IN SLOT A.

I had the same problem with the AT&T sim wanting to use fast.T-mobile.com. for the APN. If I left it blank then it would not auto populate and would not connect. The T-Mobile sim booted right up almost every time. I'm not sure what AT&T's problem is but I hope they get them straightened out. Oh, don't bother going back to the AT&T store for help. They know less about their products than I do!!!

Latest resources

Back