Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

beach blue ralph

RVF Newbee
Any help or advice would be welcomed. I am traveling last minute to the Athens, GA area, and I am unable to find any RV parks in the Athens area. Does anyone know of a place in or close to Athens to park a motorhome for 4 nights?

We stayed at Stone Mountain RV park a couple of months ago and I liked the park a lot. Also, there is a restaurant on the lake that is outrageously good!

We stayed at Stone Mountain RV park a couple of months ago and I liked the park a lot. Also, there is a restaurant on the lake that is outrageously good!
Stone Mtn is over 50 miles from Athens GA.

There is really no place to actually stay in Athens. The Cracker Barrel/Walmart on the west Bypass allows overnight stays. There is a Sam's Club (also on the west side of Athens) that allows overnight stays for Sam's Club members.
Watson Mill SP (Comer, GA) is about 20 miles away (east).
Commerce, GA has a couple private parks and it's about 20 miles (north) on US-441 at I-85 Exit 149.
Ft Yargo SP (Winder, GA) is about 25 miles away (west).

It really doesn't take long to run from Athens to Commerce. I used to run US-441 often from south GA to southwestern NC and took the west Bypass around Athens. The roads aren't bad.

Latest resources

Back