Thor
RV Model
Quantum RC25
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2014 Ram 1500 4x4
Fulltimer
No
Hey all, I am looking into an auto leveling system. I am curious as to who has had them installed and what they paid for installation. Not really concearned about the cost of the unit itself as thats a shoppers treasure hunt. Unless, you know where a really awesome deal is. I am also curious to those who have installed them themselves what were the main obstacles?

What would you be putting this auto leveling system on? That might make a big difference. Pull behind camper? 5th Wheel RV? Class C? I looked at your profile and there is no information there either about what kind of RV you have. You might want to take a minute to fill that in??

My class A came with a leveling system standard. It works very well. Good luck in your search.

Thank you for your reply. Yeah I forgot to set that up. I am in a Thor Quantum RC25. This of course is a Class C. I guess I am really trying to figure out is your leveling system worth it? I am looking at the Bigfoot platinum system. Roughly $2k on their website and $500 installed at their facility but I won't be near Michigan soon. I have had enough midwest winter for a lifetime. LOL I do use my coach for daily travel when on location as it is small. That means resetting every night when we get back and I have a slide out that extends quite far out ( I need to measure actual width ) and this requires compensation before I slide out cause it is wide enough to tilt the unit. Just do you love it or can you leave it?

If I had to get out in the cold and rain and manually level a motorhome every single time I set up camp I think I'd spend the money and get a self leveling system installed. But that's just me. :cool: My knees hurt too much for me to get down on them any more. And my joints hurt when it's cold or raining. You get the picture. Old injuries are a killer as you start getting older. :oops:

If I had to get out in the cold and rain and manually level a motorhome every single time I set up camp I think I'd spend the money and get a self leveling system installed. But that's just me. :cool: My knees hurt too much for me to get down on them any more. And my joints hurt when it's cold or raining. You get the picture. Old injuries are a killer as you start getting older. :oops:
I feel your pain. Literally and no pun intended. I somehow aquired bad knees.

Hi @PartTimeRVer and welcome to RV Forums! Personally, if you can put an auto leveling system on for that kind of money, I would say GO for it! Money well spent!

Thank you for your reply. Yeah I forgot to set that up. I am in a Thor Quantum RC25. This of course is a Class C. I guess I am really trying to figure out is your leveling system worth it? I am looking at the Bigfoot platinum system. Roughly $2k on their website and $500 installed at their facility but I won't be near Michigan soon. I have had enough midwest winter for a lifetime. LOL I do use my coach for daily travel when on location as it is small. That means resetting every night when we get back and I have a slide out that extends quite far out ( I need to measure actual width ) and this requires compensation before I slide out cause it is wide enough to tilt the unit. Just do you love it or can you leave it?
Hi PartTimeRVer..did you ever get an answer..I am in same boat..27 ft Coachmen and debating getting system installed

Hi PartTimeRVer..did you ever get an answer..I am in same boat..27 ft Coachmen and debating getting system installed
Hey Mrkensr, I reached out to Quadra Manufacturing (Bigfoot Leveling) and they have a system called the Platinum leveling system for the Ford chassis that runs around $1995. They have a bolt on kit for another $500 unless you are great at welding. https://www.shop.thebigfootleveler.com/Ford-Class-C_c44.htm
This is a link to the system I am interested in. They do have an option for Chevy not sure what your chassis is.
Other options were Lippert who seem to have the strongest jacks (12K lbs I believe), Bigfoot uses 8K lbs and HWH uses 6k lbs.

For me I have several negatives.
1.) Lippert and HWH are too expensive for the amount I use my coach but I really like the Bigfoot one anyways
2.) I live in Southern California and price quotes for install were roughly $5k. One guy quoted me $8500 for HWH
3.) I may get rid of my coach - I think we all go through this. I love it when I use it but don't get to use it enough. Decison should be made in next week or so
4.) Lippert and HWH seem to need extra parts-hoses??-but I have not reached out to them to verify this

In the end my favorite has been the Bigfoot system. My coach is 12.5k lbs so the jacks are sufficient. I will probably install the system myself as Bigfoot seems to support this. If I decide to keep my coach I will reach out to Bigfoot again. I am not 100% certain what that platinum level system gives up over the others. I do know its single pump and not quad pump but so are some of the other systems.

Sorry about the rambling on and on. Hope this helps you

I had a Forrester with the BigFoot levelling system. It worked well.
I now have the Equalizer system in my Newmar. It also seems to work well. I found that the auto level feature never agrees with the bubble level (on either), so I always tweek it. I know I can recalibrate it, but I guess I am too lazy.

I had a Forrester with the BigFoot levelling system. It worked well.
I now have the Equalizer system in my Newmar. It also seems to work well. I found that the auto level feature never agrees with the bubble level (on either), so I always tweek it. I know I can recalibrate it, but I guess I am too lazy.
That is the other thing for me. I don't really need complete auto level. I have a very large slideout which is 15 ft long and goes out over 2 feet. When I level I have to compensate for that and it makes leveling a little more difficult. So I just don't want to have to keep moving my slideout in and out and then relocating my anderson levels. Gets to be a PIA.

Thanks for the input on the Bigfoot system. It really does help me.

Latest resources

Back