Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question Aventa LX towbar. Is it worth anything?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Tjdave

motorized toy collector
RVF Supporter
RV Year
RV Make
Tiffin
RV Model
Allegro 32sa
RV Length
Chassis
F53
Engine
V10
TOW/TOAD
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Fulltimer
No
After the first flat tow of the new Gladiator, I noticed a little play in my old 10,000# Blue Ox Aventa LX tow bar. It's the one with the discontinued ball and socket thingy.
I searched the web and found a few discussions about some Blue Ox Aventa failures. It towed fine, and it worked great for the previous 2dr JK toad. I bought it used on Craigslist a couple years ago and have no idea how old it is, or how many miles it has towed.
So, to be on the safe side with the new toad, I replaced it with a brand new Blue Ox 10,000# Avail tow bar with the longer arms and non-binding latches.

My question for the crowd is: Do I just toss it? Would it be worth anything to anyone? Maybe for parts? I would feel horrible if anything would to happen to anyone who used it and had it fail on them.
What would you do?

blue ox aventa lx.jpg

Personally, I would never pass anything along to someone else that I had replaced "to be on the safe side."

TJ

Personally, I would never pass anything along to someone else that I had replaced "to be on the safe side."

TJ
Thank you. I yanked a couple parts off it I thought were useful, then pitched it.

When we bought our new tow bar 14 months ago, I contacted Blue Ox and they gave me $300 on a trade . I also asked the question about the suggested life cycle of a Blue ox tow bar. They bluntly told me, “they will last a life time “, if they are properly cared for. ( ie; lubed, replace bolts, washers, nuts etc ). As per Blue Ox, it is much more economical for the user to rebuild rather then replace. At that time I went from 7500 to 10,000 lb model so we traded ours in.
Fir those out there that are questioning the “validity “ of their tow bar. We suggest contacting Blue Ox customer service prior to following salesman’s advice to replace.
BobnJill

Latest resources

Back