RV Length
43'
Chassis
Freightliner
Engine
Cummins 450HP
TOW/TOAD
2022 Jeep Unlimited Sport S w/ Air Force One and Blue Ox
My G2000 awning is messed up. My brother in law, where I store the RV, left the awning out during a storm and broke 2 of the 3 arms. I replaced them and now they're all uneven height wise and the fabric doesn't come out evenly. I'm really not sure how to further try to fix this. The issue is that since the fabric doesn't come out evenly nor retract evenly the back side doesn't pull in fully (we're talking about a good 6" sticking out. Besides arm replacement I can't find any good instruction videos on this. (AZ expert has some but none that were helpful). At this point unless someone can really point me to solid directions I'm going to have to take it in for service. By me options are limited (I'm in westchester county NY by NYC). I found a place in CT called Dave's RV center who's a Newmar dealer. So this post is two parts, a) does anyone have any advice on this awning, b) anyone know about this dealer and how reputable they are.

Thanks

EDIT: Quick update, I gave Dave's RV a call and they're booked solid till February. To top it I can't find any mobile tech in my area and honestly I don't know that I'd trust them with the awning. If they need a forklift or something to work on it they wouldn't have that. Def looking for any advise. Any Awning expert here?

Last edited:
So this post is two parts, a) does anyone have any advice on this awning
By chance did you check Newgle. They may have some downloaded materials that might help.

By chance did you check Newgle. They may have some downloaded materials that might help.
Yeah didn't find anything really helpful.

Try running it in and out several times. This is how we adjusted the fabric in class other then moving the fabric in the channel at the top. If you never removed the fabric, it might sort itself out after repeated ins and outs.

Give this a look. I received it from girard cust svc when I asked about a similar issue with my nova awnings.

Attachments

• Fabric Adjustment.pdf
    28.1 KB · Views: 10
Give this a look. I received it from girard cust svc when I asked about a similar issue with my nova awnings.
Will do, thanks.

Latest resources

Back