RV Length
43 ft
Chassis
Roadmaster RR10S
Engine
Cummins 400 ISL
TOW/TOAD
2010 Ext. Cab Silverado 4x4
Went down to the shop to put my awnings in and pull slides in because they're coming out today to put on 8 tires. I was frantic for a time because the patio awning wouldn't come in and it looked to be in the way of the slide it's over. The awning over the door wouldn't come in either. I got the slides in so I can get my tires but never got the awnings to respond.

Turned the key on and off. Flipped the awning switches several times. Patio awning has an on/off switch, it's on and lit up.

I'm really befuddled as how both of these would quit at the same time.

Went back down to the shop today to mess with the awnings and maybe finally change the generator fuel filter, oil and oil filter, and air filter.

Problem with the awnings was simple. Too simple.

They run off chassis batteries and the chassis batteries were dead. Why they're pulling juice is the next thing I need to figure out.
Got them on my charger now.

Also need to figure out how to charge them from shore power.

Maybe I'll finally get around to doing all the generator maintenance tomorrow.

Do you have your coach plugged into shore power? If so, your chassis batteries should be charging as well as your house batteries.
Also, there are a bunch of circuits that stay hot even when everything is turned off. Like smoke alarms, Carbon Monoxide sensors, TV plug ins, etc. This is why I leave mine plugged in all the time to a 120v outlet. Just enough to run the lights and charge the batteries.

Do you have your coach plugged into shore power? If so, your chassis batteries should be charging as well as your house batteries.
Also, there are a bunch of circuits that stay hot even when everything is turned off. Like smoke alarms, Carbon Monoxide sensors, TV plug ins, etc. This is why I leave mine plugged in all the time to a 120v outlet. Just enough to run the lights and charge the batteries.
It's plugged into an rv 50 amp service.

House batteries stay charged.

It's plugged into an rv 50 amp service.

House batteries stay charged.
Your chassis batteries should stay charged too. Must be something wrong with the wiring from the transfer switch or the inverter to the alternator? Sorry, electrical isn't my strong suit. But the chassis battery should stay charged unless you have a circuit staying hot that draws more power than your batteries are receiving.

Latest resources

Back