Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Life Unhitched

RVF Newbee
I have an F150 and pull a Keystone Springdale Mini (22 feet GVW 4250) I am wanting to upgrade the axle. If I do this it will raise the trailer 3 to 4 inches. Has anyone else done this? If so have you felt comfortable towing it with your half ton?

If you want more clearance then see if you can have the one you have flipped. A straight axle will gain you some clearance depending on the drop axle you have.

I have a 26 alpinelite fifth 6800gvw I pull with a Ram 1500, with no problem. Ram has 5.7L hemi and 8speed zf trans. I guess how your ford is setup will make the call for you.

I more concerned about my trailer weight on its current axil. I want to upgrade to a larger axil so I don’t have to worry about it. They said when I upgrade it is going to raise the camper about 3 inches. I was wondering if anyone else had done this and if that created any problems.

axle, springs, frame should be upgraded. If the frame is not beefed up it could bend most likely where the spring mounts are welded on. It would be best to keep within weight. and no I did not do this job but I know someone that did on his toy hauler. It was quite a job.

Latest resources

Back