Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
As I was eating my dinner tonight and looking at my dog that has transitioned from small to large, against my clear direction to stop growing, I was wondering "what if I had named her Bear"? I can imagine this could cause a problem at a campground in the woods or on a trail when I'm calling her "Bear...come" "Bear, no biting" "Bear, no no no!" "Bear, want to eat?". I think if I got Elli a brother I may very well have to go through with this name :)

Pretty slow evening, @Neal? Or, are you trying to talk yourself into a second canine companion? :ROFLMAO: Everything OK out your way?

TJ

You need to name him Come so you can say “Come, stay!, er stay Come, er....”

Pretty slow evening, @Neal? Or, are you trying to talk yourself into a second canine companion? :ROFLMAO: Everything OK out your way?

TJ

Haha, yesterday I was actually thinking of getting another puppy. I wanted to get two from the same litter, at least that was a consideration but I decided not to and for what Elli cost that wasn't going to happen x2. I had thought yesterday of contacting the breeder and letting them know if any of Elli's brothers or sister were returned or unwanted I would take it. Then today wasn't a good Elli day so I considering contacting the breeder to return her!! :) Puppyhood is not easy! One is enough but two that actually bonded would be nice.

Haha, yesterday I was actually thinking of getting another puppy. I wanted to get two from the same litter, at least that was a consideration but I decided not to and for what Elli cost that wasn't going to happen x2. I had thought yesterday of contacting the breeder and letting them know if any of Elli's brothers or sister were returned or unwanted I would take it. Then today wasn't a good Elli day so I considering contacting the breeder to return her!! :) Puppyhood is not easy! One is enough but two that actually bonded would be nice.
Cover your ears Elli!

It's 9:51 PM and she's full of energy. I need a dart gun!

Come on @Neal you know what to do.

1589681393840.png

Oh yeah...turning on YouTube for her now in her bedroom so she can watch from her bed. :)

@Neal; if you want another canine friend, wait until Elli has gotten through her puppy phase and then bring a new puppy (preferably another female) into the "pack." That lets the older dog act as a mom and the two dogs will bond well.

That was the case with our two. We got Lizzy at four years of age as a sort of rescue (a friend's mom had her and passed away, so Lizzy needed a home). About six months later, we got our Ellie as an 8-week-old puppy (long story, but the puppy arrangements had been made previous to getting Lizzy) and the two dogs bonded immediately. The older dog took the puppy in tow and all was good.

As for it not being Elli's best day, puppies are like that and she will grow out of it pretty soon. Then, she'll be the dog you always wanted. In the interim, you need to be a good "pack leader" and she will quickly learn how to please you. It takes a bit of work, but the end result is a great relationship.

TJ

It's 9:51 PM and she's full of energy. I need a dart gun!
We had a problem exercising our dog enough to exhaust her and then someone recommended Camp Bow Wow. What a god send - it is a heaven on earth experience for dogs. The dogs are interviewed before they are allowed to enter - if the dog is aggressive, no go. Then they are grouped by size, placed in large fenced areas inside (and out) with a human in the fence at all times and the dogs play with dogs their own size all day. When I picked up the dog she couldn't even stay awake sitting up. She was a whole different dog. That was 5 years ago and I still take her down there a couple times a week. Now that she is healed from her CCL tear and I just got an email from CBW saying they are opening back up today, in a few weeks I'll start taking her back up there.
Give them a look. The way I look at it, either I can try to work off her energy or let the pack do it for me.

Latest resources

Back