Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also for clarification, you opened all bay doors and unplugged all plunges at the same time and lights stayed on

I did the wet bay and electric bay but I don't find a plunger or light in either the front or engine bay. I will look again tomorrow. I opened all the bay doors that have a plunger and left them open.

I did the wet bay and electric bay but I don't find a plunger or light in either the front or engine bay. I will look again tomorrow. I opened all the bay doors that have a plunger and left them open.

TC, you said you left them all open, where they also all unplugged ? What the plungers do is connect the ground to the lights when the plunger (s) are not pushed in(doors closed). Any one plunger grounds all of the lights. If you have unplugged all of the plungers and the lights are still on it is my guess that someware the ground wire is shorted to ground, while your unplugging them take a look at the wire going to the plungers. BTW I didn’t expect the hood or hatch would have a plunger, just checking.

They were all unplugged with all the doors open and all the lights were on.

I don’t believe there is a plunger for hood or engine bay for any Newmar models

I found that the engine bay light on a Canyon Star, Ford F53 chassis, is on a different circuit than the rest of the basement lights. My basement lights have a short somewhere but the engine compartment light still works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back