Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Seadiverjoe

RVF Newbee
We have a 6 week old Montana, 3121RL that is now our full time home. We have the residential ref in it, and suppose to have 2 6 v batteries ( we will check later today). My question is, after driving all day, and then hooking up to a generator, within 2 hours of unhooking the generator, the batteries are dead. What are we missing or not doing right?? TIA

Welcome @Seadiverjoe, we need a little more information to help you out. First verify the house batteries, size and how they are wired. Secondly you need to verify that in fact they are being charged. Residential refer do draw a fair amount of amperage and you may not have enough battery storage (amperage)

My trailer has a residential fridge in it and if I recall, it only draws about 6 amps. I have two 12v batteries and a 1000 watt inverter from the factory. I have run all day, boondocked, ran another smaller (350 watt) inverter for my cpap, and still had battery left in the morning. You need to double check your battery set up and also make sure your truck has a 12v+ that works and that your converter is functioning properly.

Latest resources

Back