Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question Batteries for Travel Trailer ? Flooded Lead-Acid (FLA) or Absorbed Glass Mat (AGM)

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I don't know about off grid camping or State Parks, only RV parks.

KOA Tucson is nice if you want to stay in Tucson. It's right next door to Lazy Days if you need maintenance/repairs.

Benson, Arizona, where I live, is about 35 miles east of Tucson on I-10 has some nice RV Parks.
Benson is a small railroad town. Population is about 5,500. It has a hospital and basic shopping necessities.
Sierra Vista is a 35 minute ride away for more shopping, restaurants, doctors, etc.

San Pedro RV Park in Benson on Hwy 80 has 2 swimming pools, 1 indoor and 1 outdoor, a club house with activities. It's nice.
Butterfield RV Park is in downtown Benson and it's nice. There are other RV Parks in downtown but this is the one to stay at downtown. Not sure if they have a swimming pool.
Cochise Terrace RV Park on Hwy 90 has a swimming pool, clubhouse and activities. It's nice.
Tombstone RV Park on Hwy 80 in Tombstone has a swimming pool and is nice too. We stayed here for 2 weeks in May of 2022 to do our shakedown trip with our new RV. Nice people here.
The Lakes at St. David RV Park in St David has a good reputation around here. I've driven by it and it looks nice They sell out every winter. Obey the speed limit in St David. Thank me later.
Quail Ridge RV Park on Hwy 82 in Huachuca City is new. I've driven by it a few times and looks nice.

All of the ones I listed are clean and well maintained and have websites. Some of them have full timers too.
Depending on the time of year, ask about getting a site with shade.
There are other RV Parks around here but these are the most popular, well maintained, clean, etc.
Lots to see and do down here in Cochise County.

Safe Travels.
Wow! You brought back some memories!

I worked on the electrical crew on a Benson hospital years ago. In Tucson I bought an RV from Beaudry RV, many years before their bankruptcy that lead to the property purchase by Lazydays!!! The church the family attended was a stone throw to the north. If Beaudry were still around, It would be the only sales company I would recommend!!!

Latest resources

Back