Chassis
Ford F-53
Engine
Ford Godzilla V-8
TOW/TOAD
None at this point
Fulltimer
No
Hi all, new owner of a BayStar, I am curious about the batteries in my unit. There are 3 house batteries on the battery tray, then there are 3 batteries under the hood. 2 of them look to be deep cycle and one a normal chassis battery. Are the 2 under the hood also house batteries and the other one the chassis battery. I have not had a real good chance to look thru the unit, as had to get it ready to park it for the winter. Can find nothing in any of the manuals. Any insights would be appreciated.
Thanks from the great white north.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine has four on the battery tray and three under the hood. Total of six for the house and one for the chassis.

Same here 4 6 volt on the tray 2 6 volt in the front on the lower tray. All are series/parallel for the house bank. The one up front above the other two is the 12 volt chassis battery.

Thanks, so now I know witch one to hook my portable solar panel to.

Thanks, so now I know witch one to hook my portable solar panel to.
I would think the solar charge controller is 12V. Hence, you would want to connect to 2 of the 6V batteries connected in series. The series connection gives you a 12V connection. Shouldn't matter which 2 - 6V you connect to as long as they are connected in series.

Well that was stupid, went back and had a look at the batteries in our rig and we have 6 house batteries, not 5, no one ever said I can count.

Latest resources

Back