Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Smk52

RVF Regular
Noticed yesterday after driving for approx 8 hrs that when I stopped and turned on the interior lights they were flickering. Pushed the button to show battery charge and only 2 out of 4 lights were lit. After hooking up to power all lights were lit. Any ideas?

No 12 volts from the tow vehicle to the trailer. Check the fuse in the fuse box under the hood.

Or bad connection in either the 7 pin male or 7 pin female connector.

Check to see that contacts are clean, clear, and do not appear to be out of alignment.

Using a voltmeter, check the voltage between the 7 pin connector and truck frame. Measure between pin #4 and pin #1.

1649450035813.png

This refers to the RV house battery. I should have been more specific with my post. Also, I think I found the problem and I will know better after traveling tomorrow. The nut on the negative post was slightly loose. Thanks for taking the time to reply.

This refers to the RV house battery. I should have been more specific with my post. Also, I think I found the problem and I will know better after traveling tomorrow. The nut on the negative post was slightly loose. Thanks for taking the time to reply.
Get back to us with how it turns out. Safe travels.

Latest resources

Back