Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

captwheel

RVF Newbee
I have a dp motorhome. It has 2 house batteries & 1 engine battery The house batteries are hooked together. I plan on running jumpers to the engine battery. I want to put a Battery Minder 2012 on this system while it is stored. Can I run both the motor home charger at the same time as the Battery Minder, or should I disconnect the rv battery charger.
When I run the jumper wire should I connect it to pos house battery 1 & neg house battery 2. Or should I just use 1 of the house batteries to engine battery?

Thanks for the help, captwheel

Does your motorhome have an onboard charging system? Mine has a maintainer system and I utilize that to keep batteries. When your are plugged into shore power do your batteries chassis and house charge? My batteries are linked through the system which is how it should be done. Just jumping the batteries if not done correctly can damage batteries also with them all jumped together if one battery goes bad it can cause failure of all batteries and leave without any power and worse. I am assuming that your house batteries are 12 volt and not the typical 6 volt. Is that correct?

Latest resources

Back