Old Swabby
RV Year
RV Make
Thor
RV Model
WindSport 36Z
RV Length
37'
I've been driving around quite a few RV storage facilities and I noticed one thing pretty much in common: Of the ones parked outside, not a lot of them have full covers. The majority of those parked outside DO have wheel covers but NOT full covers.

Am I being a little OTT/OCD wanting to put a full cover on mine? Will just wheel covers do me? At 75YO & 150 pounds soaking wet, I don't really relish the idea of clambering up a ladder with 50 pounds of deadweight and tip-toeing around vents, antennae, etc.

What say you, O wise and wizened ones?

The thought on the street is full covers can damage the exterior such as getting sand, dust, etc. underneath and the wind blowing can cause scratches, etc.

Agree with @Neal. Full covers are never a good idea.

Been there, done that……..Don’t do it!! Keep a good wax job on the rv and you’re good to go.

I did that for a couple of winters on my first motorhome. I ended up putting it under a carport. I didn’t see the point in the fabric cover.

If it needs a cover, it needs repairs. If it doesn’t need a cover and you put one on, it’s gonna need repairs.

Latest resources

Back