Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

vincebauer

RVF Newbee
Hi everyone! My wife and I have decided to take the RV plunge and are looking for any comments, suggestions or recommendations for
a small lightweight travel trailer < 5000 lbs. Any suggestions or help would be much appreciated.

Well the suggestions can be plenty….lol

Whatnyou are doing by inquiring is best. Let me ask you a question. What RV compliments have you purchased to assist so far would be a great start?

Welcome from Texas

Well the suggestions can be plenty….lol

Whatnyou are doing by inquiring is best. Let me ask you a question. What RV compliments have you purchased to assist so far would be a great start?
We have a 2018 VW Atlas that can tow about 5,000 lbs. Nothing else.

Hi everyone! My wife and I have decided to take the RV plunge and are looking for any comments, suggestions or recommendations for
a small lightweight travel trailer < 5000 lbs. Any suggestions or help would be much appreciated.
Welcome.
Have you decided on a budget and length?
Also, how will be using the trailer? (weekend camping, long trips, hot or cold climates, etc.).

Payload is from just over 1300 to just over 1400 so keep that in mind with TT hitch weight number and what payload actually in the vehicle you will be taking each time.

We have a 2018 VW Atlas that can tow about 5,000 lbs. Nothing else.
A Grey Wolf 16BHS Wolf Pup comes to mind right off the top of my head. But to be honest……time you add weight to the TT, depending on how much, you could still be near capacity. But it is a start to get an idea on size of TT your vehicle can tow.

Welcome from Georgia!

Latest resources

Back