Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
It was recommended to me to go to Zydeco but they are closed (even though Yelp says open) so I went and they have a sign showing reopening April 22nd. I leave here on the 23rd so I may give them another try. I then was going to "Bangers and Brews" but upon arrival they looked small and busy and not what I wanted to be in with covid safety. I searched again and decided to try out Indian cuisine which was rated 5 stars. I would have rated this place 10 stars. OMG...soooooooo goooooooood! This is a must visit if you like Indian food.

It was recommended to me to go to Zydeco but they are closed (even though Yelp says open) so I went and they have a sign showing reopening April 22nd. I leave here on the 23rd so I may give them another try. I then was going to "Bangers and Brews" but upon arrival they looked small and busy and not what I wanted to be in with covid safety. I searched again and decided to try out Indian cuisine which was rated 5 stars. I would have rated this place 10 stars. OMG...soooooooo goooooooood! This is a must visit if you like Indian food.

We are in Bend often, and enjoy Zydeco . We have two sets of friends who have retired to the area, and we love the northern Ca. and Or. coast. However, it gets reallly cold there in the winter? The bakeries in Oregon are really exceptional, so indulge!. Judy

Last edited:
BTW, I believe Sun Resorts just purchased Crown Villa. What are your thoughts of Bend and the area as a whole?

I really can't judge the location as I've seen so little of it. It's a quiet peaceful campground which I've enjoyed and have been cleaning the coach outside and inside, laundry, etc. so I'm not going to see much of outside the campground. Today will be a few shopping stops and other errands and then leave tomorrow for Casey's which again will be some nice quiet time with nature I'm looking forward to and hopefully some fishing.

This place sure likes earthquakes/tremors! An hour last night and now again.

If you don't mind traveling a bit, try the "Cowboy Dinner Tree" restaurant in Silverlake, I think? Once in a lifetime, my friend, once in a lifetime. Old stagecoach stop turned steak or chicken house.

I'm really liking Bend....went to lunch today and ended up in the area near the Lemon Tree (restaurant) but ate at a deli as that's what I was after. I went back to Valentine's Deli as I loved that the other day but they were closed. Clean fresh air, like the town, really enjoying it here. Wish I could stay longer but next time around I will do just that.

And, you thought they call that area the “Newberry National Volcanic Monument” why? ?

TJ
I would appreciate not having a reminder like that? Now turn that rumble stuff off please! Be nice to your visitors!

Our son just left Bend, OR in the USCG.

Latest resources

Back