Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

cabjbb

RVF Newbee
Hi, We are going to buy an older diesel pusher in the next 6 months. I have done a lot of research (you all are amazing!) and am dialing it down to some great, proven brands. We are looking at these: Alpine, Foretravel, Monaco, Beaver, Country Coach, Newmar, and Tiffin. My question is this: Is there a model that stands out during these years as being more well built, luxurious, etc. And, same question of models/makes we should avoid during that same timeframe.
We'd like to stay between 34'-40'.
Thanks so much.

Last edited:
Newmar & Country Coach shouldn't be over looked.

I believe you have the right product line in your list. One thing to consider is the engine. Apparently, since CAT quits building rob engines, around 2010, I believe, it seems that finding qualified mechanics has gotten tougher. Also, some of those CAT engines had some real issues that were very costly. But, I will say this - they were all well made units Using real wood and top line materials for their day.

Hi, We are going to buy an older diesel pusher in the next 6 months. I have done a lot of research (you all are amazing!) and am dialing it down to some great, proven brands. We are looking at these: Alpine, Foretravel, Monaco, Beaver, Country Coach, Newmar, and Tiffin. My question is this: Is there a model that stands out during these years as being more well built, luxurious, etc. And, same question of models/makes we should avoid during that same timeframe.
We'd like to stay between 34'-40'.
Thanks so much.
I bought a 2004 Newmar Kountry Star with a Caterpillar C7 diesel pusher 6 sp Allison it's great 68000 miles hardly broke in. 12 miles per gallon. It's a great machine well built and a good value.

Latest resources

Back