Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Patybear

RVF Newbee
Hi - We have a Gulfstream Endura Super C 37ft pulling a 28ft trailer. Would really like to spend time on trails in Utah National Parks. Any thoughts about the easiest route with less stress on pulling the trailer to this area would be appreciated. Also open to Zion, or Bryce if the route would be loess stressful on the RV/trailer. Thanks in advance for any thoughts or comments.

A couple years ago we headed out to Panguitch UT from the Colorado area. We spent a couple weeks camped outside of Panguitch and visited all the parks in that area.

We went out the northern route which included I-70 from Denver. I will never use I-70 in Colorado again due to HUGE craters in the pavement. We thought it was going to tear our RV apart. We left southern Utah and spent some time in Arizona, after that we ended up in the TN mountains so I can't really advise you on an exact route to and from Illinois.

The shortest route from Denver to Moab is on I-70. I've never been on I-70 east of Grand Junction but I found I-70 to be quite ok across Utah. We did a Moab (Arches and Canyonlands NP's), Capital Reef NP, Bryce Canyon NP, Zion NP, Lake Powell and Sedona trip this past August. There were some steep grades but nothing our 28 Class C pulling a Jeep Cherokee couldn't easily handle. We had one member or our group pulling a 35 ft. wheel and they had no problem either except for having to take a slightly longer route (45 minutes) from Bryce to Zion because of a limited clearance tunnel in Zion. The route from Sedona (interesting town with red rock formations, wineries, restaurants and shopping galore) back to Ill would most likely I-40 to Saint Louis. I-40 around Flagstaff is a disaster as are most Arizona
Roads.

Latest resources

Back