Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
I created a new forum on the site "RV Articles of Interest" (as of this writing, subject to change) where we can find articles on the web and post here for discussion. I was tinkering with google searching for best RV AGM batteries. This article came up:

Published articles are fine, @Neal, but you do have to consider the source. Contrary to popular opinion, not everything you read on the internet is true. :rolleyes:

After reading the following in the linked article...

"Without power from deep cycle batteries, there is no way to pump water into your RV’s fresh water tank, no way to run your electric fan or refrigerator during the hot summer months, and also no way to run your electric space heater to keep your RV warm over the winter."

...my faith in the author's credibility took a bit of a hit!

Really? You run an "electric space heater" off of your deep-cycle batteries. Not for long, even with a herky inverter. And, who "pumps water into [their] fresh water tank?"

Kinda makes you wonder what else is not quite right.

TJ

Last edited:
I need to replace my batteries and after talking to my primary Newmar tech, he is recommending the agm instead of the flooded. No maintenance and a longer better battery life. His price for the leaded interstate same as I have now was the cheapest around after calling interstate directly and associated dealers and his quote for agm was $100 per battery more. That’s not too bad if you plan on keeping the coach for a while but yes it’s expensive as are tires etc for these vehicles.

The good part of the discussion is he recommended @Neal battery monitoring upgrade without a hint.

I'm moving to AGM or better next cycle. The fact is most of us are plugged in 99% of the time so batteries are not used that often.

Latest resources

Back